20 - Juan's Real Color

Isabella's POV

This morning when I wake up I found Juan drinking alone in the kitchen. He told me Emanuel just died. They used to be best friends ever since he started working with Juan. Emanuel came around here a lot. He was one of the guys that Juan trusted to be near me.

"Emanuel, your best friend?" I asked as I take a glass of water to drink. I haven't met Emanuel for years but I still feel bad for his passing.

He put the glass down on the table and glared at me. "He WAS my best friend." he emphasized the word was. "He thought he could scare me by killing my guy. He was wrong."

I almost dropped the glass in my hand. "Don't tell me you killed him." my eyed widened.

Juan let out a small laugh. "Of course I didn't." that sent a small relief in my chest. "Someone else did it for me." now my heart stopped beating again.

I can't believe this business turned my brother into a monster. "He was your best friend, Juan!" I raised my voice.

I knew what happened between them before. Emanuel did a small mistake. He just planned to run away with Juan's girlfriend. When Juan found out he killed the girl, and framed Emanuel for it, sending him to the prison for years.

"He shouldn't mess with me. He deserved it. I'm your brother! You should be by my side!" he screamed to my face.

I shook my head with tears rolling down my cheeks. "What happened to you, Juan? It's like you don't have a heart in your chest anymore." I cried as I walked away, living him alone in the kitchen.

"You don't need a heart to survive in this life, Isabella. Learn that." he said behind me.

Suddenly I remembered Erick told me he had a job last night. If I could I would have take him away from Juan. I don't want him anywhere near my heartless brother.

Erick's POV

I'm smoking some cigarettes in the porch of our house with a can of beer in my hand. Just to drink my guilt away. Joel did asked me why did I called him the other night. I just straight up lied to him that I dialled his number accidentally.

"I'm the one that just lost a brother, but you're the one mourning alone." Joel said as he took a seat beside me. He was waiting for his taxi to get back to Cali for the funeral.

I didn't take a glance at him. "I just hate it when people die. Reminding me of my dead ex girlfriend." I look away, inhaling the nicotine into my lungs.

Despite his loss, Joel can still smile to me. That's what killing me. He's too innocent to find out this person he's looking at is a killer.

"After I met him I've learned that everyone makes mistakes. Emanuel, you, and me. We all sins in different ways." Joel took away the beer from my hand. "You just need to forgive yourself, and the one that hurts you."

I didn't respond. It's easy for him to say. He's like a saint. While I'm like a devil coming back and forth from hell.

"Emanuel got me, his brother back before he dies. I almost tell him I forgive him. After years of keeping him out from my life, I thought maybe it's time to forgive him. I just hope one day you'll find your way back to your family too, Erick." he said before he left.

Urgh. Family. I haven't speak to any of them since I set my foot out from the front door of my house. They kicked me out. I'm the black sheep of the family, they'll never want me back.

I have to go to the workshop again today to plan out the robbery. We had a tech guy to hack the system, we sent someone to work as a guard in the bank just to have a view from the inside.

When we were done Juan asked me to stay, while everyone else dismissed to their place. I wonder what Juan was planning to tell me.

"How's the plan going?" he asked.

"It's going well." I tell him about everything we've planned out. It was one month and a half left and we are almost fully prepared.

"Nice. But you're not joining the team." he told me.

I was shocked. "What? Why?" I asked in confusion. He was the one that told me to lead the team, and now he's asking me to back off.

Juan gave me his evil smirk. "Just plan it with them, but you'll just be monitoring. I don't want you to join them doing it. You'll thank me later. Just trust me and don't ask questions. Okay?" he said before he allow me to go.

~~

Isabella asked me if I would like to go out with her for a double date with Anitta and Yoandri. Which sounds like a good plan because my life has been a mess lately and I need to go outside and meet someone.

We went to a park where there's a lake with ducks. Isabella and Anitta just get too excited they ended up having fun with the ducks and forgetting their boyfriends.

We relaxed ourselves on a bench near the lake while watching the girls running around with the ducks

"I heard Joel's brother was killed." Yoandri told me.

"Yea. But Joel's family refuse to run any investigation. They said what's done is done, they'll let him go in peace." I replied.

"I knew Emanuel actually. I just never knew he was Joel's brother."

He told me he knows that Juan must have something to do with Emanuel's death. I was surprised that Yoandri knows a lot about Emanuel and Juan. "I was born and grew up here, bro. Where everyone knows Juan Luis." he laughed when I asked him how did he know about my boss.

Just to fill out my curiosity, I asked him what happened between Juan and Emanuel in the past. He told me everything, and it creeps me out. Juan is a really scary guy from what he told me. Not that I'm not aware, it's just the more I know about him, the more I fear him.

"I know he's your boss, but don't trust him, Erick. He can turned his back on you anytime he wanted to." Yoyo said to me. But I guess it's too late now. I'm bound to Juan's chains.

I'm sorry if this chapter is disappointing. I won't be writing for a week due to my family vacation but I will be back as soon as I can. Love you all, thanks for reading ❤ and don't forget to vote 😉