7 - The Heart Is Already Taken

Isabella's POV

Erick left earlier because his band needs him. We're having it great last night. He kissed me before he left, and now I miss those lips already. I'm glad I found him last night. I have to tell this to Anita.

I called Anitta and we decided to meet at a new coffee shop nearby. She came to my house to pick me up and she's already eager to know about my night.

"So, tell me everything." she asked, sipping on her frap.

I told her everything in details, Chris taking me to dinner with the band, I followed Erick out, we strolled around the town and I told me about the dream I had about him.

"And he kissed me and-" I didn't get to finish my words when Anitta started to scream.

"He kissed you?!!"

I put my hand on his mouth to keep her quiet. "Yes he did. Are you trying to tell the whole room about it?" I semi yelled.

"I'm sorry I got excited. So what's next?" she asked.

"And then I remembered everything." I said before telling her the things I did that night at Yoandri's party.

As much as I was surprised last night, Anita can't hide her disbelief either. "Seriously you did all that? I have to meet this Erick. He must be so hot." she said.

You have no idea how hot he is. I got lost in the thoughts of Erick when Anitta knocked on the table, drawing my attention to her. She let out a hand gesture suggesting me to look at my back. It's Chris.

Chris stopped when he saw me. What is he doing here? We both smiled at each other before someone called for him from the kitchen so he raised his palm to signal me to wait for him. I did.

He came back later, tying the apron around his back. Anitta, being that stupid best friend, made an excuse which I know was a lie, to excuse herself and leave me alone with Chris.

"So, you work here?" I started to make a conversation.

He nod his head. "Yea, I'm a part-timer. So, Isabella. I was just wondering if you're free tonight?"

"I guess so. Why?"

I'll make time for him. We didn't get to talk to each other that much last night since I left with Erick.

"Wanna watch some movie with me?" he asked.

"Of course."

Chris smiled to the corner of his eyes. Those puppy eyes are so cute I remember hearing some girls behind me talked about him last night during the band's performance.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 8? Or you're going by yourself?"

I think to myself for a while. I don't know if Juan will be at home tonight, and if he is at home I don't want him to scare Chris like he use to do to my exes.

"I'll go by myself. My brother is at home I don't want him to make a fuss. I'm his only little sister, you get me?"

Chris nod his head suggesting that he understands. "Okay then. I have to get back to work now, if you don't mind. See ya." he said before leaving me.

It was 7:15, and I just get myself done to meet Chris at the movies. This is what I'm wearing tonight:

As I was done I walked downstairs to find the house is empty

As I was done I walked downstairs to find the house is empty. Juan didn't come home yet. He did texts me earlier that my car is already good to go so I grabbed my car keys and leave the house.

Chris is already waiting for me. Damn this boy is on time. I fixed my hair while I walked towards him and he gave that puppy smile on his face. If I wasn't that into Erick right now, I would've fall for him.

We watched a horror movie and guess what? Instead of me screaming behind Chris, he was the one screaming and closed his eyes

We watched a horror movie and guess what? Instead of me screaming behind Chris, he was the one screaming and closed his eyes. The movie was supposed to be hella scary but because of his act, I spent the whole time laughing.

In fact I still laughed when we exit the movie theater. "Right, enough with that. Stop laughing at me Isabella." Chris said with a small laugh and shook his head. His face turned red.

"I'm sorry. It's just. You're cute, you know that?" I told him.

Now he looks like he's about to explode. We walked to the nearby McDonald's for late dinner. We talked a little bit about each other.

Chris told me how he and Richard started the band. It started with only Richard, Chris and Zabdiel. They found Joel's video online and asked him if he's interested to be the band's bassist.

"What about Erick?" I can't stand myself from talking about him.

"Well Richard found him playing his guitar at a bar he's been performing at. Erick, he can sing. But I'm the lead vocalist so sometimes he become our backup vocals."

I'm looking forward to listen to Erick singing for me one day. Chris asked me about me, my family and stuff so I told him everything about me.

"Now, big question. Are you seeing someone?" he asked.

In my mind, I only have Erick's images. I know we just hook up last night and since he left my house he hasn't text me yet but I liked him. I really do.

I pull my hair back. "I don't know if I can say that I'm seeing him but I do like someone at the moment." Yea, I guess that's the best way to put all of this.

"Well, whoever he is, I'm pretty sure he'll treat you well. You deserve it. And if he doesn't, you can look for me." he smiled at me.

He's such a sweet guy. Tonight I felt like we're being close friends. Chris walked me to the car and we both talked for a while before I get into my car.

He stared at me for a while before he leaned in to kiss me. I pulled myself back. "I'm sorry, Chris. I can't." I said as I opened the car door and get in.

Chris looked down to the ground and tells me he's sorry. I felt guilty but I'll feel worse if I let him kiss me when I don't even felt anything for him.

Back at my house, I got a text from him.

Chris: I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I didn't mean to.

Chris is a nice guy so I don't think I'll let that incident to ruin our friendship.

Me: No it's okay, Chris. I understand.

Chris: We're still friends, right?

Me: Of course we are. Don't worry about it Chris. Gn.

I haven't heard anything for Erick since he left. Maybe it's just a one time thing for him? As if he knew I was thinking about him, I received a text from him.

Cubano: Missing you already, mami 💋