45 - Time To Escape

Isabella's POV

Erick spills everything to me. Now I know that Josh isn't Josh. His name is Marco. And he isn't just another man that works with my family. He's an undercover agent. And the most surprising part is, he's Erick's eldest brother? How did this happen? I knew him longer than I knew Erick. So I dated Erick without any of us knowing that his brother has been working for my family for years.

Also, Josh, no, Marco is planning on attacking Juan's business. He's going to take him down. And now Erick is helping him out with hope that it will take us away from this life so that we, actually it's for me, to finally live normally.

"So you're telling me that Juan might be imprisoned?" I asked after every piece of details  gets together in my head. 

Erick nods hesitantly, eyes on my hand that's in his. "Baby, was it hard for you to tell me this?" I asked him while caressing his face with my free hand. 

He nods again, moving his green eyes straight with mine, looking at me with guilt. I smiled to ease him up. Of course it's not easy for me, knowing that the brother I grew up with to be in prison but honestly I've seen this coming. 

"It's a lot to take, but I think I have to accept it. There's no other way to stop him. It's better than having him being killed, right?" I said, trying to take this positively. "Now let's talk about what has changed since you've met your brother? Have you talked to the rest of your family yet?" I tried to switch the subject. 

A hint of happiness shown in Erick's face. Now he's smiling, telling me stories about his family, about everything he has been missing out since the last time he's with them. "If everything goes well, I can take you back with me. To meet them." He asked. 

I nod my head. "It will go well, love, it will." I said before we both leaned in for a kiss. Resting our head on each other's, Erick snugged his hands onto my back and pulled me closer, whispering he loves me in the way that makes me want to give all my life away just to keep him with me forever. 

                                     ~~

I'm with Jennifer, Lily, Anitta and Yoandri in the front row of the crowd, waiting for my man's band to perform. Chris came in last minute tonight, giving Erick a huge relief for not having to be the substitute vocalist. 

The boys are setting up their stuff on the stage. Erick's eyes wander around and when he found me, he winked before he gets back to his work. "You guys are cute." Jennifer said in admiring tone, seconded by the others. 

"So does he knows?" Anitta asked, making the others confused. I shake my head no. "Neither do they, you snitch." I answered, making Anitta's eyes widened as she bites her lips and look away, avoiding my glare on her.

The other girls were about to ask more, but Zabdiel starts working his fingers on his guitar, which means the performance is starting. That drifts away their attention to our guys on the stage. 

Just as soon as the gig ended we all went to find the guys. "Look who's back just before the show starts." Yoandri gave Chris a quick hug. "What have you been doing, bro? Making love for a week straight?" Richard punched Chris's shoulder, making him shrugged while blushing. 

While everyone is busy teasing Chris, Joel suddenly dismissed himself and walked to a girl. We were shocked, seeing him wrapping his left arm around her waist and lead her towards us. "My girlfriend, Alexis." He smirked, making our jaws dropped. 

"How much did you pay her?" Richard laughed. Jennifer elbowed him on his rib to shut him up. "Is it true? I'm so happy for you, little Joey." She gave him a hug. 

We were all curious on how Joel got himself a girlfriend. He's a social awkward. The boys always joke about him wasting his look and being single for the rest of his life. "We went to the same school before, and we met again last month. I've always had a crush on him. Never knew it goes both ways." Alexis said, smiling with her red cheeks. 

Just as we were all laughing and teasing Joel with his girlfriend, someone grabs both me and Erick backwards. Marco. "Time to leave." He told us. 

The guys went silent. Great. Two surprises on one night. Chris came to interrupt. "What's going on here? Is it what I'm thinking it is?" He asked. 

Marco glanced at him, before giving his attention back to both of us. "You'll go to Florida to stay with mom." He said to Erick, completely ignoring Chris. "And I'll arrange your new identities and a flight to Amsterdam in case things went wrong." He adds. 

"I'm coming with them. With Jess. Take us with them." Chris jumped in, gaining an annoyed look by Marco. "You said it yourself. There are chances that things might go wrong. I won't leave my bro thinking that might happen." Chris adds, not minding Marco's reaction. 

Erick seconded the idea. He said can't leave Chris and Jess either. If things went wrong, Jess's safety is at stake as well. That's what he stand for in front of Marco. "Just take my money if you can't afford two more room." Erick said stern. 

Marco looked at us while clenching his jaws. "Fine. Although I'm pretty sure Jess is safe enough in the safe house." He whines. "Let's just leave. Now!" He told us. 

The others were looking at us questionably, but we can do nothing other than hugging them all goodbye. No time for further  explanations. "And no more rooms for any other 'bros' and girlfriends." Marco stressed the word bros while walking away, with the three of us trailing behind him.