52 - The Greatest Thing

Isabella's POV

I thought I was losing Erick in my arms just now. Apparently Marco wasn't that late with his team. Just as soon as Erick closes his eyes they stormed into the room, took my brother away and called the ambulance. 

After hours in the surgery room, the doctor came out, telling us that they almost lose him, but suddenly he started to get strong. He survived the surgery. Now it's time to wait for him to get conscious. 

Chris gave me a blanket and small pillow, telling me to get some sleep while waiting. "I'll look after him. Go join Zabdiel in his dream so that he won't be riding on some thick ass unicorn." Chris tries to make me laugh, and he succeeds. 

I don't know how long have I been asleep, but I was awoken by Chris's screaming around. If he keeps doing this he might get kicked out by the nurses. "Bella wake up! Your boyfriend is alive!" We all know he's alive. He survived the surgery.  

Then I noticed Erick's eyes are wide open. I don't know if it's real or it's just a dream, but I'm crying happy tears as I stood up and walked towards him. "There you are." He smiles weakly. 

"Can I hug you?" I asked. He has a hole on his chest straight through his lungs. I can't risk tearing that holes bigger just for a hug. 

He laughed but winces in pain, almost giving me a heart attack. "I think you can. I need it too. Just be careful." He answered. Thinking about how he winced just now, I think I should just wait. "Maybe later. I don't want to hurt you." I raised my hands up and take a step back. 

Erick pouts. "You're hurting me now. You should learn not to give fake hopes. I'm so hurt right now. Don't even come to me unless you're giving me a kiss." He fakes sobs. 

Now that's my clingy foolish boyfriend. I leaned down to kiss those lips when I heard a few footsteps coming into the room. "Already?" I heard guys complaining behind me.

Everyone is here, including the girls. And Marco. "Hey guys. I'm alive." Erick opened his arms, still sounds cocky even with that weak tone. Marco apologized to him for being late, the others just say their gratitude for having him back to life. 

~~

3 months passed. Erick maybe survived the bullet piercing through his lung, the wound already healed. But mentally he's still wounded. PTSD, that's what they call it is. The doctor warned me about this right after his surgery. Of course he went to see his therapist every week, but that doesn't immediately makes him okay. 

I don't know what he saw when he was unconscious, when we almost loss him. But sometimes he had nightmares of those things. Sometimes the nightmares was about that day Juan shot him. Everytime that happens I can do nothing other than holding him and shush him back to sleep. 

I was awoken in the middle of the night by his scream again tonight. This time he's screaming out my name. "Erick, babe. I'm here. I'm here." I hugged him. "I don't want to leave you, Bella. I can't." He cried in my chest. "You don't have to. No one is taking you away, Erick. I'm here." I convince him.

I let him cry in silence for a while, still holding him tightly. Then he stopped sobbing, and start stroking my belly. "Daddy is crazy. I'm sorry." He whispered softly before he kissed my bump. Every time he does this he made me tear up as well. 

I hold his face in my hands, as I wiped his damp cheeks with my thumb. "You're not crazy. Don't say that. Don't apologize to our child for anything."

When he noticed that I was crying too, he pulled me in for a hug. We both cried on each others company. "We'll get through this. I promise. Stop apologizing, babe. You're breaking my heart everytime you do that." I said in between tears.

~~

It has been 7 months since the incident in the warehouse. Now Erick is recovering, his nightmares rarely happens. He seems happier now too. But now it's me that always have the trouble going to sleep.

I've been turning from one side to another but still can't shut these eyes. Erick yawns as he stretches his arms. Sigh, I wake him up again. "Can't sleep?" He asked, smiling at me. 

I nod my head

I nod my head. I feel bad for waking him up a lot lately. "Movie?" He suggested and I agreed. When we get down Joel is still in the living room with Chris. They both turned their head on us. "You can't sleep, Bella? Join us we're watching Trolls. Getting the uncles vibe." Chris grins at us. 

Erick let me sit on the couch before he head upstairs. He came back with a pillow and blanket. He hands the pillow to me, and put a small cushion behind my back before covering my body with the blanket. "Comfy?" He asked, placing my legs on his lap as he sit on the couch. "At best." I answered. 

Joel asked me if I want some ice creams, and when I said it sounds good, he sprints to the kitchen and came back bringing an ice cream bucket with him. "You need to stop pampering me. I'll miss it once this mini Erick pops out." I said as I took it from his hand. 

"Can't blame us for being excited. He's the first baby in this house." Chris said to me. Joel nods, seconding Chris's comment. I look over Erick's face. He's looking down to my belly. "My little fighter." I read his lips.

~~

I gave birth to the cutest baby boy I've ever seen

I gave birth to the cutest baby boy I've ever seen. We name him Jaime. He has Erick's eyes, for sure. That's what his daddy keeps bragging about everytime he's holding him.

I'm feeding Jaime so that he can go to sleep afterwards, when Erick gets onto the bed beside me and gently stroke Jaime's head. Then he kissed my head."I can't thank you enough for everything, Bella. I don't mind taking any punch, or bullets just to keep us together. I'll never leave. I'm talking to you too, Jaime. Daddy will never leave you. You brought me back to life when I almost gave up. Thank you, both of you."

It turns out Erick Brian wasn't a bad news after all. He's the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

And with that, this story ends. Sob sob. I'm so sad to leave this couple. Thanks for all the support, I love you all 😘 But guys, a new story is coming. Go check it out. "Wings Of Choice" is the title.