49 - Meeting The Boss Again

(I'm out of headline ideas so yeah, the headline says it all) 

Erick's POV

"I still think it's a bad idea bringing the two of them back here." I complain to Chris as we entered the hospital. I don't know why he even seconds Isabella's idea to come back with us here. 

Chris pat my back. "It's done, bro. We're already here. Stop complaining, you'll thank me later." Chris replied in one breath.

He walked passed me, taking Jess's hand in his. The guys were surprised to see us here, but I have no time for greetings or handshakes, or even hugs. I need Joel to tell me details of the accident. 

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought you guys are leaving." Joel tried to sit up on the bed. He looks pretty bad with the scratches and cast wrapped on his right arm. "Seriously, you don't have to be here. Chris told us everything. Just leave, Erick. I'm fine. Look, it's just minor injuries." Joel insisted. 

Alexis on the other bed has some scratches too, and broke one of her legs. Looking at their injuries, I don't have to be an investigator to know it wasn't an accident. It's planned. Juan taught me how to do that before. How to make an accident but make sure the victim won't die so that our target will know it's a warning coming from us. 

I can see Yoandri pulling Isabella to a corner. They both glanced at me as they were talking. Why is everyone confusing me right now? We have so much going on and my girlfriend looks like she's hiding something from me. 

"What does the car looks like? Can you see the driver?" I asked, not wasting any more time. 

Joel works his mind, but not really helping since they were hit from the back and he passed out soon after. What we can be sure of is that the accident happened hours after a man came to our house, asking for my current location. 

"Brian!" I heard someone yelled for my name. Fuck, he already knew. I turned around slowly, but Marco was faster than me. He pushed me to the wall, and pinned me with his forearm on my neck. 

I raised my hands on surrender. "What the fuck did you do? Why did you come here?!" He screamed on my face. Damn, this dude doesn't even know how to show respect in hospital. 

"First of all, let me go. You're going to kill me before I have a chance to explain." I speak out each word slowly. He finally loosen up, and then I noticed that Marco's got some scratches on his limbs too. "What happened to you?" I raised my voice in panic. 

Marco shrugged, moving his eyes from meeting mine. "Answer me, Marco!" I raised my voice again. "Fine! My bike just exploded. Juan's guys put a time bomb in it. Luckily I was a few feet away from it." He answered. 

We're in serious danger right now. Marco insisted that he's safe now, and continue nagging me for getting myself into suicide mode by coming back here. "Cut the small talks, Marco. Take Isabella and Jess somewhere safe, please. They're not supposed to come along but here they are."

Marco agreed, and said he'll come back later. Before she left Bella pulled me in for a deep kiss that lasts for a while before she pulled away and caress my face with her hands. "If I can just drag you with me and leave to somewhere far away I would. But you won't let me." she said in sorrow.

She stares at me for a while, before resting her face on my chest. "Can you just think about me before you do anything? I can't live without you. Remember that." She kissed me for the last time before she left with the others, leaving only me, Joel and Alexis in the room. 

I can sense something is off with her. I don't know what it is, but Bella is really acting weird. I can't figure it out yet, there's just too much going on and I have to focus on what's the next sign from Juan.

The room is in tense right now, we just look around, not knowing what to do or what to say. And I don't need people to tell me, I already know how hellish do I look like at the moment. 

An hour later after Marco came back with Chris, a nurse came with a box in her hand, claiming that someone left it with the receptionist for Joel. But the card on the box have my name on it. I open it up, with the guys watching over me nervously. 

As soon as I saw what's inside I immediately cover up the box so that no one else can see. There's a gun, and a burner phone with a sticky note on it. I took out the phone, and dialed the number written on the note.

"My parcero." said the voice on the other side of the line. I looked over Marco and mouthed "Juan" to him. "Is your brother there? Say hi to him for me. Thanks for taking away half of my guys with him. And Emanuel's little brother, I hope he gets better soon. Tell him I'm sorry, accidents happen, we all know that." he laughed.

"Cut the crap, Juan

"Cut the crap, Juan. Tell me what you want." I cut the chase. "Don't be nervous, parcero. I just want to talk. We used to love talking to each other, didn't we? Tell me about my sister. Are you having a good time with her these few days?" he then told me to meet him in the warehouse, the same warehouse he made me shoot Tony last year. I promised him I'll go alone, as he will also wait for me by himself.

~~

It feels so intimidating, walking inside this big warehouse alone. "Erick Brian Colón is here!" I heard Juan's voice cheers for me.

He was leaning on a wall

He was leaning on a wall. I can't believe Juan actually keeps his word on coming alone. "I thought we've agreed on being loyal, Erick. I'm so disappointed. Care to explain?" he grins at me while taking out his gun.

What do you think about this chapter, guys? If any of you aren't here from the ig, my ig is @erickyjoelmylife hmu there to say hi or talk about my story, I'd love it 💙