23 - Hurts

Author's note :before there's any confusion, let me clarify that in this story I'm making Joel the youngest member, while Erick will be older than him. Okay then, enjoy reading 😊

Erick's POV

I'm not in the mood to do anything, I don't even want to leave my room. My life sucks, I can never be happy. And now I know Chris is pissed at me for what I've done to Isabella. Great, I'm already miserable and now my friend is not talking to me. 

"Joel, take the van to the workshop. Something is wrong with it" I heard Richard yelled outside my room. 

I immediately stood up from my bed and open the door of my room to find Joel nod at Richard and took the keys from him. "Why are you telling him to go?" I asked Richard. 

"Because Jennifer is taking me somewhere, Zabdi is going to work, Chris isn't home yet and you don't look like you'd like to go anywhere." He answered. 

I can't let Joel go there alone. The people might lie to him and double up the charges just because he's too decent. "Wait. I'm coming with you." I said before I get into my room to get my jacket.

I'm trying to find my wallet when Joel came into my room. "You don't have to come with me. I'll be fine." He said.

I grabbed my wallet from my side table and walked out. "Let's go." I didn't let him protest against me.

Let me be honest, since I killed Emanuel I've been feeling guilty towards Joel. The only way for me to take over that feeling is by protecting him.

Joel asked me if we should take the van to Juan's workshop. "No way. You don't want to deal with those guys. Let take it to the Ben's. They're not that nice either but I'll deal with them."

When we get to the Ben's I was the one that tell the mechanics what to do with the van and deal with them. While waiting for the mechanics to do their work, we get some drinks at a cafe nearby.

"You know I can handle that by myself, don't you?" Joel asked me.

"I don't want you to get bullied. No offense but your face is just too innocent I don't want them to take advantage on you." I explained.

"Cmon man. I'm 18. I can do things by myself. And let me ask you why are you being weird lately? These past weeks you've been too nice to me. It's strange"

I didn't answer and throw my gaze away. Dammit I'm making it too obvious. And now he's being suspicious.

"Wait

"Wait. Does it have anything to do with my brother's death? Man, do you feel sorry for me?" He laughed.

"Maybe." I answered. 

"Bro, you don't have to. I've told you I've shut him out from my life for years, right? So it has been years since he last play his brother role for me." He assured me. 

We stayed there for a while until Ben called me, saying that the van is good to go. When we get back Chris and Richard are already at home. Richard welcomed us back, while Chris doesn't even look at me. 

I can't blame him for hating me right now. I took away the girl he liked, and dumped her a week before our second month together. 

We all sit on the couch and watched TV together, when Richard asked me about Isabella. "Have you say it to her? About the breakup?" 

I nod my head and tell him I've sent the breakup text. "Seriously? You're breaking up with her with a text message?" Richard raised his voice on me. 

I know it's a stupid act. That makes me look like a dickhead. But I just can't talk to her about it. My fingers were trembling just to type that text. How can I say it to her directly? On her face? 

I can see Chris glared at me while holding his fist.

"I swear I want to break that face of yours right now. But thanks to our friendship, I won't." He bawl out before he left the house, smashing the front door behind him. 

"Nice, like I didn't hate myself enough for what happened." I whined as I stood up and ran upstairs to my room, leaving Richard and Joel before any of them get a chance to say anything.

Isabella still spammed my phone with her texts and calls. I can't talk to her so I decided to block her number. It was hard for me too, so don't throw shades on me.

It's 10.00 pm right now, and I'm still on my bed with my guitar. I was disturbed by Richard when he knocked on my door and peaked his head in.

"You have to come down. She's here." he said.

Seriously I'm not ready to face Isabella yet right now. I took my bike keys with me before I leave my room and find her standing alone in front of our house.

She looks nervous when she saw me. I can't deny it, my heart is beating fast too. "Erick," she called my name before she locked her arms around me and rest her face on my chest.

I really want to hug her back but I can't. Juan would kill me. She looked up to my face and put her hand on it. "What happened?" she asked in worry.

I put her hand down and glared at her with my clenched jaws. "Ask your brother, Juan." I answered as I pull myself away.

She grabbed my hand and starts to sob. "You can't do this to me. You've promised"

"I said I'm breaking my promise!" I snapped at her, making her cry even harder. And now I feel bad seeing her break.

I can't help myself anymore. I pulled her closer and put her head onto my chest. "Please, Erick. I love you." she cried.

I can't take her back. Not before I'm done with the robbery. I kissed her head and tried to hold my tears. "I love you too. But I can't." I said before I break the hug and leave her crying behind me.

I get onto my bike and start the engine. When I look back at Isabella's direction, Chris ran towards her and comfort her.

I hate seeing her in someone else's arms

I hate seeing her in someone else's arms. Especially Chris's. Because I know he has a thing on her. But there's nothing I can do. I'm leaving her. And I'm not turning back. Not until I've done my job with Juan.