10 - Going Deeper

Erick's POV

Juan called me to meet him tonight. This time it's not at the workshop. He's asking me to meet him at a night club in town. He gave me a password to gave to the guard so that they'll take me straight to him.

There were two men in suits waiting guarding the entrance of the club. Both looking fierce and didn't move nor say a thing other than keeping their eyes on me with their stern face.

"I'm here for Maluma" I told them.

They nod their head and say something to the little walkie talkie thing in their hands before making way for me to get inside.

The people in here are too hyped up by the girls and the music to pay their attention on me. A girl wearing tight, too exposing  dress approach me and take my hand to follow her lead.

"Erick Brian, right?" she asked me as we were walking.

I nod my head, unable to say anything since I can't move my eyes from her body. "Stop staring you're not here to have sex" she said, licking her upper teeth.

She took me up to a stairs leading to a room that was again, guarded by two men in suits. They didn't say a thing when they saw us, they just open the door and let us in.

Then I saw Juan smoking tobacco while laughing with some of his friends I've never met before.

"My parcero" he yelled out when he saw me

"My parcero" he yelled out when he saw me. "This is the boy I talked about." he said to his friends. He asked me to take a seat so I did.

"What do you need me for, Juan?" I asked him. His friends kinda freak me out. Their body was just as the same size as Juan's, and they gave me the same vibe I felt when I first met Juan, friendly but dangerous.

"Ease yourself, Erick. You see I like the way you do your work for me. So now I'm going to take you further in this business, okay? You won't be doing the small pusher kid thing anymore. You're Maluma's side man now." he said excitedly.

I'm still nervous right now. My feet and hands are cold. Another guy across the room that looks much older than Juan suddenly laughed. I guess he was laughing at me.

"He's nervous. He looks just like you when your dad first brought you into this business, Juan." he said before taking a shot from the glass he's holding.

Juan laughed as well before he stood up. "Come on, Erick. Let me take you on a walk." he said, asking me to follow him.

He took me out from the room and we both walked downstairs to where the sound of the music is deafening and the people are crowding in the dim flashing lights.

"This place is yours, Juan?" I screamed out since the music is too loud.

"Hell yeah, bro. Now you can come here anytime you want." he screamed back.

He took me to the bar, where I can see Danny, the only person I know in here. He was the one that introduced me to Juan to work with him. He smiled at us when we approached him.

"I see you've made it to the club, Erick. This is where Juan changes lives, bro." he said to me.

"Okay, enough strolling. Now let's get to our main event today." Juan said, motioning Danny to lead the way.

Now they took me to a room behind the bar. Inside, there are more scary looking guys that only nod when Juan looks at them.

"You know what, Erick? In this business there will always be people that think they can fool you. I hate it when they do that to me. And I'll show you how to deal with people like that." Juan as some of his guys bring someone into the room, pushing him down to kneel in front of us.

I can't see the person's face but I have this uneasy feeelings in my gut. A hand pulled his hair downwards, causing him to raised his face up for us to see.

Fuck, Sebas. He's one of Chris's best friends. His nose is bleeding, his face is soaked in sweats. He was too fucked up to notice me.

"Juan, please." he begged.

I clenched my teeth when I look at him. There's nothing I can do. There's no way I can help rescue him right now. His life is in Juan's hand, and that is what makes me want to throw up right now.

Juan burst into laughter. Not the funny kind of laughter, but the deadly kind of laughter. "You stole my supplies and you dare to call me by my name?" he said before he kicked Sebas's face, causing him to spit blood.

Juan get down to his knees and pull Sebas's face close to him. "Now tell me where is the money you gain from the things you stole from me?" he whispered into his ears.

I don't know how much longer do I have to watch this. If I haven't met Sebas before it won't feel that bad. What's disturbing me right now is I know him, his best friend is living with me.

Juan stood back and I guess Sebas didn't give him the answer he was looking for. "Let's see if you want to talk when your girlfriend is here later." he said before commanding his guys to take Sebas away.

I can hear Sebas begged him not to take his girlfriend into this as he was dragged away. "Too late, we're already looking for her." Danny screamed out on Juan's behalf.

My knees got weak after what I saw just now. I've always know not to mess with Juan before, but now I fear him more than ever.

"He's turning pale, Juan" Danny mocked me. "I understand, let's get some drinks."

Actually it's a good idea. I need some drinks after what I just saw. And heard. "That's a sneak peak of how to handle business. Ready to be my main guy, Erick?" Juan asked me.

Getting inside of course would be dangerous. But think about the money. Danny was right, this is where Juan changes lives and of course I'm not letting go of this chance. "I'm in, Juan. Or should I call you Maluma now?" I joked.

"The 'family' call me Maluma. You should start calling me that too" Juan smiled, tossing his glass onto mine. "Cheers, my man."

I didn't drink that much. I have to ride my bike back to my home. When I got home Chris was sitting on the couch with some popcorn on his lap. I can't face him right now.

"Wow, what's with that face, bro?" he asked me.

"Nothing. Just tired. Good night, Chris." I said as I ran upstairs. I just watched your best friend get beaten up and his girlfriend will be next bro. Too bad I can't tell him that. Later when he wondered where his best friend has been, I can only lie to his face.