11 - Coming Clean

Isabella's POV

My phone blew up, waking me up from my sweet dream and for that, I'm annoyed. I pick it up without looking at the caller ID. Sometimes it's just Anitta drunk calling me.

"What?" I grunt.

"Bella." I heard the person said on the line. It's Erick.

I fixed myself to sit. "Erick," I said, putting down my phone for a while just to look at the time before I put it back onto my ears. "It's 3 a.m. Is something going on? Are you okay?" I asked, starting to get worried.

"Gosh, I didn't look at the time. It's okay, go back to sleep, Bella. I'm sorry." Erick sighed.

"No, Erick, where are you?" I immediately say before he hung up on me.

"In my room, at my place."

I stood up from my bed and walked to my closet. "I'm coming. Don't say anything, just wait for me there." I said before I ended the call and find my sweater in my closet.

I lived long enough to know that if someone called you in the middle of the night when everyone is supposed to be sleeping, there must be something wrong going on and they needed you.

I ran out from my room and leave my house as fast as I can. Erick's house is about 20 minutes away from mine. When I got there the front door is not locked. Damn these guys know nothing about safety.

I went straight to Erick's room, peaking my head through the door before I get myself in. He's sitting on his bed, rubbing his forehead. I know there's something going on in his mind.

I walked slowly and take my place beside him

I walked slowly and take my place beside him. "Oh, Bella, you don't have to." he said slowly.

I snuggle into his right arm. "I want to. What's keeping you up, Erick?" I asked.

He sighed. His finger ran in circles on my skin. "I went to a club, earlier, tonight. Just to have some drinks." he started talking.

"Wait, you went to a club, huh?" I tried to sound jealous. Just to tease him a bit.

"My older friends took me there. Look, I wasn't there to have fun, okay? And that's not the deal. The thing is now I saw something there." he paused.

He let out a big sigh. "I saw someone I know, getting dragged into a room by some bad people. He looked like he was beaten up." he added.

"Okay, go on." I said, letting him know I'm listening.

"I'm not going to tell you in details on how I know this, but I know he's not going to be freed in anytime soon. Apparently he didn't give what the bad guys wanted, so now they're searching for his girlfriend to make him talk. And I know that even if he give them everything it's not going to end up well. He'll be found on the street, died, or almost died."

Erick sounds so worried and sad when he told me that. "Who is this person, by the way? Are you two close?" I asked.

"We're not. But I know his best friend. Chris." he lowered his voice. "They're so close, like brothers. Sooner or later Chris is going to find out he's been missing and I have to pretend that I don't know."

I ran my hand in his hairs and kiss his cheeks to put the worries away. "It's not your fault, Erick. There's nothing you can do. You can't risk your life trying to save him. Sometimes you can't just save everyone."

He nod his head and tried to draw a smile. It occurred to me that maybe this has something to do with Juan. "By the way, in which club did this happen?" I asked.

"Magia" Erick answered. Yup, that's Juan's. Erick was right. Even if that guy told Juan everything, there's not going to be a happy ending for him. He must have messed up with Juan and everyone knows best not to mess with my brother if you want to live.

This is why I don't want Erick to know about Juan. This pure hearted boy doesn't have to know I'm the little sister of the biggest gang's leader. Sure he'll know about it eventually, but not now.

I put the cover on both of us and cuddle with him under the cover sheet. "Don't think about it anymore. Let's sleep. I'm here." I shush him to sleep.

"Wait there's another thing." he said, holding my body up so that we both get into a sitting position, facing each other.

"What was it, Erick?" I asked.

He stared into my eyes, with those jade orbs. "I don't want you to know this from anyone else other than me. So I'll tell you myself. I've been a dick before. I fucked around. A lot. That girl Karina the other day, was one of them. But I don't have feelings for them. I treat them like a trophy, or just a game."

I don't know how should I react to this. So this is what Chris tried to tell me the other day. But of course he's too nice to snitch on his cuban friend. "O...kay?" I said awkwardly.

"But that was before I met you. Now I know I've found someone I'm really into, and I don't want to play anymore. You're not a game. You're not just any girl either. You're special, Isabella. And I promised you I'm going to change, for you. Solo para ti, preciosa."

His words hypnotized me. Ever felt like you're falling in your dream, and landed on a soft surface of love-scented bed of roses? Me neither. But tonight I felt so. It's magical. Not trying to overreact but I'm so in love with this Cuban.

"I'm going to trust you, Erick. It's my choice. Prove me it's the right one, okay? Now let's go back to sleep, please?" I said as I lay him down beside me and pull back the cover on us.

"Thank you, Isabella." he said, kissing my head over and over again.

He's not going to stop. "Stop kissing me and get to sleep, Erick Brian, please." I push his lips away with my hand.

Erick chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. "Alright, princess. Good night."