22 - Decision, decision

Erick's POV

I'm still unclear about what's happening. "Juan?" What is he doing here?

Juan leaned on his car and lit up his cigarette. "That girl just now. Do you know who she is?" he asked me.

"Isabella,"

"My sister" he cuts me half sentenced.

So he's the the brother? All this time we were hiding from Juan Luis? Wow I really got balls for doing that.

"Look, Juan. I didn't know" I tried to clear it up. It's my fault actually, I never tried to make her talk about her brother. All I know is that he doesn't like his sister being in a relationship.

Juan put down his cigar and smiled at me. I hate that smile of his. You'll never know what lies under that smile. "Now that you know, what would you do?" he raised his brows.

I put my head down and face the ground. Damn. I've been with Isabella for almost two months. I've become too attached to her I can't even spend more than two days without a simple good morning from her to start my day.

But of course, Juan comes first. "If you don't like it." I raised up my head to face him. "I'll end it." I've made my decision.

Juan replied with a smirk and asked me to join him in the car to go somewhere. "Don't worry about your bike. I'll ask someone to take care of it" he said.

~~

When I walked downstairs to the kitchen, Richard stormed right at me when he saw me. "What the hell happened to your face?" he asked, concerned.

Juan gave me a good beating last night, leaving me a bruised eye and some tiny scratch on my cheeks.

I grabbed an ice pack from the fridge and walked to the couch in our living room, joined by Richard and Joel. Chris came down a few seconds later, with the same impression Richard gave me.

"Isabella's brother found out. He gave me these." I answered to their questions.

When I told Juan I'll end it if he wanted me to, he took me to the workshop. There's no one else when we got there. He started hitting me for dating his little sister in secret, and of course I didn't fight back because he's my boss.

Then he made me choose. If I want to work for him and forget about what happened, or continue dating Isabella. He didn't mention what he would do if I chose Isabella, but we all know it won't ended with just bruised eyes and scratches.

"Don't tell me" Chris shook his head.

"I have to. Do you want me to die, bro?" I told him before I left them to get back to my room.

I smashed the door behind me and leaned my back on it with my hands on the back of my head. I've promised Isabella I won't hurt her. But I'm still not done working with Juan yet.

Isabella's POV

Juan isn't home yet when I came back. If I knew he's not here yet I'd be using my time kissing my cuban boyfriend's juicy lips because I'll never get enough of that.

I get into shower and clean myself before I grabbed my phone to tell everything about today to my best friend, Anitta. We always do that, we share our date details to each other despite the fact that usually the one that's listening would be bored.

"And then he gave me a piggy back ride. I'm so in love with this guy, Anitta." I cover my face with my hand because I can't stop smiling just to think about Erick.

We've been talking for hours, and we both yawned at the same time. That makes us cracked into laughter. "Trust me I'm interested with your love story but we both need to sleep now." Anitta said before we hung up on each other.

I was awoken by the sound of Juan barging into my room. "Wake up sleepyhead. Aren't you going to work today?"

"Fuck, Juan. Didn't your mom teach you about knocking? Because my mom did." I tell him off, before I get up from my bed.

Juan said he's sorry before he walked out. Then I saw his bleeding knuckles. "Wait. What happened last night?" I asked him as I grabbed his hand.

This is why I hate him taking over our dad's business. Not only he's grown colder each day, he also makes me worried about his safety.

He snapped his hand away from me. "You don't want to know." he smiled. "Now get yourself ready to work. I'll be leaving soon. Breakfast is ready too." he said before he shut my bedroom door behind him.

I'm checking on my phone for the third time today. Erick still hasn't reply to my text. "Isabella, are you sad?" Mikey, a kid from the daycare asked me.

I put my phone back into my pocket and knee down to his eye level. "I'm fine. My friend hasn't talk to me yet today and I'm worried." I smiled.

"Is he little like me?"

I shook my head.

"Then you don't have to worry. My mother always tell me not to worry about my dad when he's out because he's big enough to take care of himself." he said, before taking my hand to play with him.

It's getting weird now. Even after I get back from work, there's nothing from Erick. Not even a reply from my good morning text. I'm trying not to over think, and chill on my couch with my headphones on when I finally got a text.

Cubano 💓: I think we should stop seeing each other. I'm sorry.

No this can't be real. My heart is racing so fast when I read that text from him. He can't play me like this. Everything was going so good and suddenly he's breaking up with me from a text?

Me: What's wrong, Erick? I need to see you. Now

No reply. I tried calling him multiple times but he keep putting me to the voicemail. I can't hold my tears any longer. He promised me he would change. He promised me he won't hurt me. How can he forget that?

Me: You promised me you won't hurt me

I held my phone onto my chest, waiting for a miracle to happen. When it vibrates in my hand, I prayed so hard that he's just playing a joke, that it was just a dare, or someone else was using his phone to mess with him.

Cubano 💓: I'm breaking my promise. I'm sorry.

Thanks for reading 😊 I'm sorry if any parts of this story is disappointing. Kindly dm me if there's anything unclear in the story. Don't forget to vote ❤