33 - Ex With Benefits

Erick's POV

My alarm went off and I just remembered what this day holds for me. I've told Juan it's a bad idea. It's fine by me, but Isabella won't like it. But he insisted he doesn't want anyone else gets near his precious little sister.

I get off from bed and find my clothes. "You're leaving already?" The girl I met at the bar last night asked from the bed, covering  her body with the cover sheets.

"Yea. Got work to do. Thanks for last night." I said before I left her room. I don't even remember her name. She's just another girl I slept with. 

I went back to my house to get a shower and prepare myself mentally for today's task. It's going to be the longest "few days" in my life. 

Isabella hugs Juan goodbye. There's worry in her face. I followed Juan to the car and we both exchanged goodbyes with a bro hug. "Take care of my little princess, bro" Juan told me.

"Of course I will. She was once my princess too." I replied with a laugh. Juan joined my laughter and throw a light punch on my shoulder before he entered the car. 

I turned around to find Isabella checking me out. "What? Does this skin and bones still do its thing on you?" I teased her.

Isabella brushed me off just like that and enter the house, leaving me behind. "So, what do we do now?" I asked to break the awkwardness.

"Be a dog you already are and follow my ass everywhere I go. That's it." she replied without even looking at me. Damn she's so salty. Never thought a breakup does that to a girl. 

"You don't have to act like that, you know? It'll just make our days feel longer. We both don't want that." I followed her to the kitchen. 

Isabella sighed as she put down two glasses on the table and pour some juice in both glasses. "Maybe you're right. Let's just be nice to each other so that these days will go faster and I don't have to see that fucking face of yours again." She said before she sip on the juice.

"I thought you said let's be nice." I shook my head and emptied the glass into my throat. 

We sit together on the couch in the living room. Isabella is watching some kind of telenovela that I know she doesn't like. She just do it to annoy me. She knows how much I hate romance.

Her phone lit up few times, and she smiles everytime she read the text she got. I won't deny it, I'm jealous. I used to get that smile before. But I'm pretty sure the one she gave me was more genuine. 

"Got yourself a new boyfriend?" I asked her, clearly not pleased at what I'm seeing. 

Isabella put her phone down and gave me her annoyed look. "It has nothing to do with you but no, it's not my boyfriend." She rolled her eyes and get back on her phone screen. 

"Great. Because Juan won't like it." I put my legs on the couch, getting myself a more comfortable position. 

Isabella stood up. I thought she was going to get something from the kitchen but she walks towards me and bend her body so that our face gets just inches away from each other. "Juan? Or is it you?" She asked before she walks away. 

I was stunt by what she did. "I'm bored, let's play some game." She said behind me, taking her steps on the stairs and I followed. 

She took me into a room. It's a playroom. For adults. There's foosball table, pool table, and a big screen for video games. We spent the whole day playing video games and things went well without us noticing. 

"Wow look at the time. We are hours passed lunch, Bella." No wonder I'm feeling so hungry. 

Isabella took a look at the time on her phone screen. "No way, it's almost dinner time, Erick." she cover her mouth with her hand. "Is this skinny tummy okay for skipping a meal?" She asked, poking her finger onto my belly. 

It tickles me, so I pull myself back and hold her hand. "Don't do that" I laughed. "And I'm not okay, so what should we do? Order something, go out, or will you cook?" I wiggle my brows. 

We both decided that we were both too starving to work in the kitchen or wait for a delivery so we get ourselves to a restaurant for dinner. "It doesn't feel like I'm working right now. It's more like hanging out." I said as I shove the burger into my mouth. 

"Just leave it like that. Juan is paranoid. Danny had this task a few times before and he spent the days banging on Anitta in the guest room until Juan came back. Now look at me, still alive." Isabella laughs. 

I find myself immersed in her laughter, just the kind of Isabella's magic that always works on me. Isabella snapped her fingers on my face to wake me up from zoning out. 

"I'm sorry, what was it?" I asked, shaking my thoughts of her out from my head.  

"I was asking if you're done eating." Isabella repeats herself. We left the restaurant and went back to her home. We chill ourselves on the couch in her living room and had some good talks. And again, the time passed without us noticing. 

I walked Isabella to her room, lowkey wishing she would invite me in. "Are you sure you want to sleep in the guest room?" She asked, taking my right hand. She lift her body to get to my ear level. "We're alone in here. What if someone came and kidnap me when you're not around?" she whispered.

"Just say that you want me with you tonight, mami." Isabella smiled widely when I said that. She lead me into her room and lay on the bed beside me.

"What are we, Bella?" I asked as I'm cuddling with her. "We're ex lovers. With benefits." she answered with her sleepy voice.

I smiled at the corner of my lips at her voice. "You're tired. Go to sleep, mami. Good night." I kissed her head and pull the cover onto her body.

Bella was fast asleep, when her phone lit up on the side table. I took it just to see who texted her late at night.

Chris: Is he still there? Imy

Seeing from whom the text message comes from, I felt a slight burn in my chest. I pull my arm away from Isabella's head and lay on my side, with my back facing her.