50 - One Has To Go

Erick's POV

"It is what it is, Juan. You know there's no good in staying in this business anyway. Even your sister doesn't like it." I keep my distance from him. 

I studied around the warehouse. He can't be here alone. He's not that stupid. "Keep Bella out of this. Didn't I gave you enough? Money, trust, and since you've mentioned about her, I even gave you my sister." Juan pointed his gun straight to me. 

At this point I think maybe I should just die. I can't live without you. Bella's voice played in my head. I raised my hands in surrender. Should at least fight before I die. 

"It wasn't all from me, Juan. Josh has been-"  Juan cleared his throat, cutting me off mid-sentenced. "Marco, you mean." He corrected me. 

"Yeah. Marco's team has been eyeing on you for years." I took a few steps back. That's when I saw some guys coming out from different spot in the room. I knew it, he must've brought backups with him. "I just don't want to do those dirty jobs you have for me anymore."  

Juan laughed it off, he laughed really hard his head tilted back. "Maybe we should just cut these talks." Before he could pull the trigger, I jumped behind a container. "A warning would've been nice, Juan." I screamed out. 

Where the hell is Marco right now? He said he's calling for backup but what's taking him so long? I could've been dead just now. 

Multiple gunshots can be heard coming from the entrance. Speaking of the devil. I was shocked to death when I saw who it really was. I thought it was my brother Marco. "You brought the whole band with you, huh?" Juan mocks me. "I'm leaving. Find me when you get the guts to fight alone." He adds. 

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Richard, Chris and Zabdiel carrying guns with them? Is it real or Juan did shot me just now and I'm just having a hallucination before death? "Have fun playing with my guys!" Juan screamed out.

The gun fight starts, but I'm still confused. Richard came running to me, leaning his back on the container beside me. "What are you doing, bro? Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked, concerned. 

A bullet came just a few inches beside me, so we moved to another container. "Is this even real? Where did you get the guns from?" I asked.

Richard looks down to his gun and let out a grin. "Don't underestimate the Camacho's, bro. We do have our own protection insurance." He smiled before he turned around and fire a couple of shots. 

Chris came to us too. Why is everyone coming to me now? But I can't find Zabdiel. "This is what you got for messing with my second guitarist." I heard him screaming. Okay at least I know he's still alive. 

"How many of them?" Richard asked Chris. "I can see 5. Don't know if there's more." He answered. 

Now that I'm back on my senses, I remembered that my focus right now is Juan. But I still have to talk with these fools beside me. I hold their collar with my hands and push them to the container wall.

"Thanks for coming, but you guys owe me an explanation on why are you here instead of seeking protection for yourselves. I'll go find Juan, so try not to get hurt." And with that comment, I leave them.

Marco's team disappoint me again. Shouldn't place too much hope on people with badges in future. They're just too slow. Now my friends are the ones putting their lives in between stray bullets instead of the 'trustworthy' agents. 

I don't know where Juan is right now. But I'm guessing he's in the room upstairs. There's a command room. My instincts strongly believes he's waiting for me there. 

I climbed the stairs, and entered the room. I'm right. There he is. Now he's really alone. "Guess we both break our promises on coming alone." I arched my brow. "You didn't have to hurt my friend, Juan. But you did anyway."

Juan gave me his signature smirk. "And let you run away with my sister? Can't risk that, Erick. Have a seat." He points to a bench in front of him. "This time we'll talk for real."

Once I sat on the bench I pull out my gun and point it on him as a threat. He smiles, and does the same. "One move, I'll pull the trigger. Same rules apply for me too. In case you're having doubt." He speaks calmly. 

Now I know where this is taking us. In the end, one of us has to go. "You know at first I never thought we'd be like this. I've planned for this scene but not with you. It's with your brother. And before you say anything, let's take a moment to remember those good old days we had. What about the day I took you from the street?" 

I chuckled at his comment. I used to be grateful for that day, until I realized that all this time I've been in a wrong path. "When you asked me if I want a job, even offered me a place to stay? I wish I said no. There's nothing good about that day." I answered. 

"Shh." Juan placed his finger on his lips. "Let me finish. You think it's a coincidence I found you that day? No. As you can see, I'm not stupid. I already know about that traitor brother of yours. Finding you, is a bonus. You seem loyal to me, so I think you'd make an excellent weapon to bring him down. But for the first time, Juan Luis's plan went wrong." 

"Juan!" A familiar voice came from the door. Another unbelievable appearance. What is she doing here? "Who the hell tell you to come here, Isabella?" I yelled at her. 

"It's good that you're here. Let's not waste more time. Say goodbye, little sister." Juan said. Before I threw back my gaze onto him, he fired his gun, followed by Bella's scream.

The next thing I know, as the sharp bullet entered my chest, I fall on my back. I tried to breath but the air couldn't get into my lungs. I've been shot before but this time I can feel that this might be the last.

Bella rushed to me, crying so hard as she took my head onto her lap. The last time I saw her like this was when I got shot by Andre's guy. "I love you." I said, trying to hold my cough because it really hurts to even breath right now.

Bella begged for me to stay with her, but we both know I'm not that strong. I'd rather die than having another minute of pain everytime I try to catch a breath. Bella grabbed my hand a place it onto her belly. "You'll be a father, Erick. Stay with me. Please."

I'm sorry kid. Be a good child to mommy. I never thought Bella's crying face would be last thing I see in my life, but I don't think I can fight anymore.