47 - A Shoe Has To Drop

Isabella's POV

"You're up early." I said as I rubbed my eyes. Erick is sitting beside me on the bed, I don't know what he's thinking about but he seems zoned out. I sat up, kissing his cheek to get his attention. 

Awake from his thoughts, he turns to me with a forced smile. "What were you thinking?" I asked, curious. "It's just...." he looks down again. "I keep thinking that something's going to go wrong. It's just sounds too easy, don't you think so? We're here, Juan will be arrested and we can go back to live happily ever after. It can't be that easy. I can't help thinking that at one point a shoe is going to drop."

The day just started and this guy's brain is already working overtime. Bitting my lower lips, I slide myself on top of him. "Maybe this can help ease your mind up." I grin as I tried to unzip his jeans. He reached for my hands with a serious expression on his face. "Not now, Bella. I'm sorry." He said to me, gently pushing me back to my side of the bed. 

I'm surprised. This never happens before. Smiling faintly at me, he threw his gaze to the ceiling, and rest his hand on his forehead. "Erick, babe, tell me what's wrong?"

He sighed before he turned his body and lie on his side, facing me. "I want you to go to the pharmacy with Laura when she gets here. Get those pills again. You can't bear my child at this situation, Bella. It's for the best." He explained, piercing into me with his green orbs. 

We've talked about having kids before. He said it's okay with him so I ditch my pills and we were having sex unprotected since the last two months. "What situation, Erick? I want more parts of you with me. Not just this small tattoo of your name on my hand." I replied, almost breaking into tears. He can't change his mind now.

"Look, Bella. The future for us is uncertain right now. Call it whatever you want, but I have doubt that things will go as smoothly as we planned it to be. And if anything goes wrong, and Juan finds out about me and Marco, he will find a way to kill me. If that happens the last thing I want is for you to be burdened by my child. At least you can still have a better life if I don't leave you with any responsibility. Do you get me now?" 

I can't believe he just said that. He's being paranoid and I'm not having it. Birth control pills my ass. We're too late for that. I already have his child in me. And now he's telling me I can't have it even before I let him know about its existence. "I don't get it, and I'll never try to. You're being ridiculous." I said, turning my back on him as I can't hold the tears anymore. I don't want him to see me break. 

I can feel his hand trying to reach for my arm, but I slapped it off. "Bella, please. I'm doing this because I love you." He whispered softly. Well, telling me he loves me doesn't help fix things right away. 

"You just don't know anything." I wiped my cheeks and stood up to leave the room. "Bella please." He plead behind me but I ignore him. Like I said, he just doesn't know. 

I knocked on Chris's door. "Bella what's wrong?" Chris asked as soon as he saw me. Jess asked me the same thing and immediately hugs me even before I say anything. Sitting on the bed in between Chris and Jess, I lose control of my emotions. 

I've told them about it yesterday. I asked for their opinion on how to surprise Erick with this good news. Little did I know he would cancel our plan just like that. "I think you need to tell him." Chris told me. 

Actually in this short period after Erick said those things to me I've been thinking that maybe I should just get rid of it. It's still early. Don't judge me. It's the hormone. I can't think straight after listening to Erick's overthinking shit.

"If you ever mention about abortion again I'm going to hate you. And if you do it anyway I'm going to tell Erick and I'll never forgive you." Chris said with tears in his eyes. Jess almost had a break down herself too. "Don't do it, Bella. I've seen my sister killed herself with her baby. I don't want anymore death." She hugs me. "I won't. I promise you I won't." I open my arms and pull the two of them into a big hug and the three of us cry together in silence.

We were interrupted by Chris's ringtone. I let go and we wipe our tears before he takes out his phone. His face furrowed as he saw the caller ID, driving Jess and me nervous. "It's Marco. Why am I having a bad feeling?" He said to us before he pick it up. 

"I'll get him." Chris said, walking out from the room and yelled for Erick's name. A few seconds later we were shocked by Erick's yelling on the phone. 

I ran out from the room, followed by Jess. Erick is in the hallway, holding his fist tight while Chris tried to calm him down beside him. "I've told you to back off when you still had time! I've told you he always knows everything! You just never listen. Fuck your FBI agents shit." He spit out before he hand the phone back to Chris and slammed the door of our room behind him. 

Maria ran upstairs and asked us what's wrong. "I'll talk to him." I said. "But it seems like we can't stay here for long." I add before I get into our room to check on Erick. 

He's sitting on the bedside, face buried in his hands. I sit down beside him and pulled his hands down to see his face. Immediately after that he throw his arms around me and sobs on my shoulder.

"He knew all along, Bella. About everything. He knew they were coming. He left the pictures of me meeting with Marco on his desk and left the city. No one knows where he is right now. He could be coming for us. For me."

Kat was right, after previous's lovely chapter, it's going down. Can't promise that things will be better, but I still hope my precious readers like it. Love ya ❤