17 - Another Guilt

Erick's POV

Isabella stayed at our place last night. I can't help myself when her brother called last night.

"I'm at Anitta's. I have to sleep here tonight we are having serious issue" she paused to let her brother talk. "Do I really have to tell you? Fine! Yoandri accidentally left his condom inside of her and now we're trying to get it out. We'll try our best first before taking her to the doctor, okay? Bye."

I laughed so hard I almost fall from my bed when she ended the call. "Anitta and Yoyo are not going to like that" I said to her, almost losing the air in my lungs for laughing too hard.

I've never met Isabella's brother. She didn't talk much about him either. All I know is he owns a business, according to Isabella. Which explains the big, luxurious house they're living in.

Isabella is still sleeping beside me. I played my finger with her strain of hair. She moves closer to me and starts sniffing on my chest with her eyes closed.

"What are you doing, mami?" I asked with a laugh.

"You smells so good, I love it." she keeps sniffing and open her eyes. "You look good too." she faked studying me and get on top of me.

We were interrupted by the sound of my ringtone

We were interrupted by the sound of my ringtone. It's Juan. It must be something important for him to call me early in the morning.

"Erick, where are you?" he asked as soon as I answered.

"I'm at home. Why?"

"I need you at the workshop. Now." he sounds serious.

"Okay I'm coming."

I immediately get up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I was in a rush I forgot Isabella was still here. "Where are you going?" she asked me as I put on my shirt. I tried my best to hide the gun I'm taking from my closet.

"I need to go to work, babe. I'm sorry." I answered. I feel bad for leaving her like this but between love and Juan, I have to put Juan first.

Isabella told me it's okay, that she'll leave the house soon for work too. We kissed each other goodbye before I left the house to meet Juan.

When I got to the workshop Juan's guys are already there. I asked them what's going on and they told me one of our guys were killed last night and Juan suspected his rival who just got released from the prison was behind it.

"He's trying to warn me. We're not going to stay back. Vamos." he said, taking me into his car with him while the others departed with their vehicles.

He took us to a bar. The bar was quite when we entered, until Juan started to yell out. "Juan Luis is here, baby, don't be scared." now he sounds scary.

A man came out from a room behind the bar with an evil laugh. There are some guys following him from behind too. "Look who's coming to welcome me back, it's Juan, my friend." he said in a sarcastic tone.

I can see our guys were on their marks with their guns. So to the guys on the other side. But deep inside I know we're not going to do this here. Not now. In the middle of daylight if we do anything it's not going to be easy to get away.

"Tell your guys to ease themselves. I'm not going to bite. At least not yet." the man grinned.

Juan signalled us to put our guns down. "I know you killed my guy last night. What a great comeback, Emanuel." Juan said.

Emanuel took a step forward. "So that was your guy? I'm sorry I thought it was a dog. I just want to know how happy I was, that you gave me the opportunity to live in a heaven on earth called the prison!" he raised his voice in Juan's face.

I thought Juan was going to trip. He smirked instead. His deadly smirk. "You're welcome, you deserved it, Emanuel. I'll let this slide for now. If you touch any of my guys again I'll send you to hell with my bare hands." he replied.

Juan then told us to leave the place and get back to the workshop. I'm kinda lost here. So he gathered us all just to watch him having the word fight? Where's the danger?

"Tonight we'll strike to that place." Juan tells us. Now I get it. He took us there for us to study the place. "There are not that much of them. We'll take them all." he said, smiling.

This is why everyone knows not to mess with Juan. No matter how dirty he did you, if you mess with him you'll wish you were never born.

"You're in, right?" he asked me.

Erick Brian Colón loves thrills. The name Erick was born for danger. So of course I'm in. "You know I'll never leave your side, Juan." I smiled at him.

We all dismissed to our place. We'll gather back at Juan's night club Magia tonight before we strike on Emanuel's small team. I pity him for thinking he could mess with Juan, after whatever happened between them in the past.

When I got back Isabella already left the house. Chris is smoking in the porch. I know Chris, he's just like me. He only smoke when there's something bothering him.

"What's wrong, Chris? Why are you smoking?" I asked.

"It's Sebas, bro. They found him in a sideways, barely alive." he answered. There's sorrow in his voice. And a guilt in my heart when he said that.

I don't know what to say. "That's bad, bro. I hope you'll be strong." That's all I can say. It's bad, I know.

When I get in Joel is watching TV on his own. He told me Richard and Zabdiel went off with their girlfriends. I joined him on the couch, taking some of the chips in his hand into my mouth.

His phone blew up a few times, but he just take a look at the screen and put it away. "Why are you not answering?" I asked him.

"It's just an asshole I don't want to talk to." he said, keeping his eyes on the TV.

I've never seen him like this. Joel barely had hatred against anyone. You can throw a shit on his shirt and he'll still forgive you with the angelic smile on his face.

"Who was it? Cmon, bro, we never keep secrets."

He sighed. "It's my brother. Man, don't judge me but he had done too many bad things I don't want him in my life anymore." he answered.

I never knew Joel had an elder brother. I thought he was the eldest sibling. "Maybe he has changed, bro. Give him a chance. I know how it feels like to be rejected by my own family. Answer the phone. Let him talk." I convinced him.

Now his phone rang again. He looked at me and I motioned him to answer the phone and he did. "What do you want from me, Emanuel?" he asked the caller.

My eyes widened when I heard that. Emanuel? His brother's name is Emanuel?