41 - News after News

Erick's POV

After talking about how I ended up being Juan's right hand man and how my life has turned out since I left my family, Marco tells me his real deal. "It's dangerous, Marco. You better leave before they find out." I said, worried about my brother's doing. "Juan might act like he trusts you and stuff, but actually he's always aware of what happening around him." I added. 

Marco responded with a laugh. "Start calling me Josh from now, bro. I'm afraid you might slip out my real name in front of them." He replied. This fool really think I'm joking about what Juan is capable to do. 

He told me he's an undercover agent, working with the FBI to take down Juan's family's cartel. When he almost got his cover blew up a few years back, they made it seems like he was arrested. And now he comes back to finish what he has started. Nobel work, but I can't let my eldest brother put his life at stake. 

Marco put his hand on my shoulder. "I can take care of myself. I have my people watching over me. You, you are the one that should leave. What the hell were you thinking, Brian? Or is it because of his sister? Is that why you get yourself in this business?" He asked. 

I shook my head. "Even Bella wants to leave this life. With me. I just don't know how to yet." I shoved my hands into the pocket in my jeans. Marco must've known what's waiting for me if I decided to leave the cartel.  

"We can work this out. It's not just my job now, it's our family." Marco assured me with a smile. Maybe it's fate. Maybe one day I can finally live a normal life with Isabella. 

We continue talking about things I've been missing out with my family since I left. My nephew is all grown up now. It touches me when he said my family actually missed me. We talked too much until the sun almost come out. 

"Got to go, bro. Can't let my girlfriend wakes up to an empty bed." I told him. "Don't worry, we'll meet each other a lot." He pat my back before we both leave to our separate ways. 

When I came back to Juan's house he's still out somewhere. I get straight to Isabella's room and find her still sleeping with that angelic face of hers. I slid under the cover, snugged my hand under her body and locked her into my arms. 

I almost fell into deep sleep when Isabella push my hands away and ran to the bathroom. Sighing, I immediately stood up from bed and followed her, who's throwing her guts out into the toilet. I kneel by her side and move her hair back, stroking her back with my other hand. "Told you to watch how much you can drink." I slowly said into her ears. 

Just after she was done I turned the shower on and help her with her shirt. "I'll prepare something for you to eat while you take your shower, okay?" I said and she nods. 

I made her some English breakfast. My cooking skills is getting better now so my bandmates can't tease me for trying to kill them with my cooking anymore. After breakfast, I gave Isabella some painkillers and we both laid on the couch. 

I'm not wearing a shirt on me, which makes all my scars visible. Isabella trails her finger onto them and starts telling me the story behind each one. "This you got when you were 14, for climbing a wire fence and had one end streaked on your skin here." She points at a long scar across my stomach. Next, she points onto a gunshot scar near the line. "This you got last year, in front of the daycare." She look up to me. "The worst day of my life." She said, before she continue revising the marks on me. This time it's a gunshot under my left shoulder. "This you got last 2 months, for the stupid deal that failed. There's another one on your back. That's from when Juan's rival sent a guy to kill him, but he shot you instead. I wish I can teach that guy a lesson." She furrowed her brows. She sounds so mad but I find it cute. 

"You don't have to, Danny killed him already." I smiled, running my hand on her hair. She sighed, laying her head on my chest. "We always ended up killing people to survive in this life. Will we ever stop?" She asked. 

That reminds me of what Marco said to me earlier. He said he'll find a way out for us. "That. I think I finally found a way for us to leave this life. It wasn't planned yet. But there's a way." Isabella asked me to elaborate, but I refused to tell her anything further. I can't reveal Marco's identity yet.

~~

Tonight I took Isabella with me to my house. Just to chill out with my bandmates and their girlfriends in our backyard while Richard prepare some barbecue for us all. The girls are having good talks among themselves while we the boys were talking about Chris's weird behavior lately. 

"Look. I think he's losing his mind. These past weeks he was singing happily every damn seconds and now he's sitting alone contemplating his life." Joel said. Chris doesn't even come out from his room to join us. He has been like this for days.

Taking a plate from Richard, I walked inside and find Chris sitting on his bed, staring into the air.

"What's in your mind, bro?" I asked, handing the food and sit next to him

"What's in your mind, bro?" I asked, handing the food and sit next to him. Chris and Richard has always been my go to whenever I have something bothering me. Now it's time for me to return the favor to him.

"I don't know. Why is it when I'm starting to be happy with someone, they suddenly disappeared?" he said, still staring at a distance.

"Are you talking about a girl? You've got yourself a girlfriend?" I asked. No wonder he was so happy lately. Just like what Joel said.

Sighing heavily, he buried his head in his hands. "I can't find her anywhere, Erick. She's suddenly gone. I'm so worried I don't know what to do anymore. Remember when I can't reach Sebas and they ended up finding him on the street? What if the same thing happens to her?" his voice starts to break.

"I'll help you. Just tell me who she is." I ease him up. He smiled faintly. "You'd be surprised. There's a reason why I haven't share it with you. It's Jess. Cami's sister."

So someone just asked me to let Chris be happy. He will. I promise. Don't hate me yet 😂 you guys can just hmu for anything that you think can help me improve this story. Your thoughts are important to me ❤