40 - Big Surprise

Erick's POV

A year after the party, and now I'm Isabella's beloved boyfriend and Juan's right hand man. Had to share the position with Danny, though. But the thing is, I got myself special place in both the brother and the sister's life. 

A big event in Magia tonight, Juan is celebrating his day. "Happy birthday to the person that took me from the street, and give me family." I raised the bottle in my hand and pour the liquor while our guys cheering on me. 

Juan tossed his bottle with mine, and kissed the girl he had in his arm. Isabella pulled me away and we excused ourself to a corner, with me pinning her onto the wall and turned a kiss into a make out session. 

"Can't she just fuck off?" We stopped when we heard Juan's voice coming to our direction. We fixed our clothes and as we were done Juan appeared with Danny, both looking troubled. 

"There you are." Juan said as soon as he found us. Bella asked him what's wrong, so Juan sighed deeply before he told us a girl claimed to be pregnant of his child, and keep bothering him about it.

Isabella suddenly turning abusive, slapping Juan's chest violently when she heard that. "And you tell her to fuck off with her baby?" She almost yelled at him. 

Me and Danny was shocked by her sudden attack on Juan we can do nothing other than just stare at the two siblings. Juan caught her hands and explained to her that he's just not prepared for such situation. 

After taking a breath to calm down, Isabella finally gets back to her senses. "I know you're born an asshole, even though it's clearly not in our family's gene. But the least thing you can do is to give her some money. Not to shut her up, but to support your child. And don't make it looks like you're paying her, make it like you're being responsible. Can you at least do that?" She asked, looking straight into Juan's eyes. 

Juan looked like he's hesitating. I know how he feels, I've been there before. "Juan! Listen to me!" Bella shook his body to wake him up from whatever he's thinking about. "Look, I am your sister, right? Imagine me, being pregnant and Erick tells me to fuck off. Would you like that?" She asked sternly. 

Like a child that is being lectured by his parents, Juan looks down to the ground and shook his head. "Then don't do that to other girls. Sure, it is a mistake that she got pregnant when you don't want that to happen. But it's on the both of you, not her alone. Now think about what I've told you and make a wise decision. Do the right thing for once." Bella ended her lecture and let Juan go. 

Looking pretty emotional wrecked by what happened, Bella dismissed herself for some drink, leaving us, the three fools in the corner. Both Danny and I gave Juan a smile of empathy, and put our hand on each of his shoulder. I pat his chest "That was a serious lecture from your little sister." I said. 

"You know what's worst?" Juan asked, before he sighed deeply. We both asked him what was it, getting curious. "She makes herself and Erick as an example. That's the worst thing I can imagine. Imagining my little sister having a baby was hard enough, imagining this boy being a father is worse. And them both having a baby together? What can be worse than that?" Juan shook his head. 

We all bursts into laughter as we walked back to where the party is at. I look for Bella at the bar, when my eyes stopped at one of the bartender. It's like my lungs can't function properly. I can't believe the person I'm seeing. 

We were both surprised when our eyes meet each other

We were both surprised when our eyes meet each other. He rushed towards me and grabbed my left arm, too hard that I flinched. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, still trying to tolerate the pain he caused in my arm. 

"That's my line. What are you doing here?" He whisper yelled at me. I pushed his hand away and shake my arm. "Sorry for being harsh. But why are you here, Brian?" He asked me with father like toned. I hate it when he does this to me. 

"This is my place, Mar-" he pushed his hand onto my mouth to shut me up. "Don't call me that." He lowered his voice, looking around before he put his hand down. We're both in confusion right now. What is happening? I screamed in my head. 

We both stopped talking when we heard Juan coming. "Speaking of the devil. So you've met each other." Juan's uncle, Robert pat Marco's back. 

"Josh has been working with us for years. He's like family." Juan jumped in. My eyes widened at Marco when I heard that. "If only he wasn't arrested for these past years you two would've known each other sooner." He added. 

"So you two have fun getting to know each other. We're family. But you, pretty boy, don't do anything stupid with the girls. I'm gonna kill you." Juan reminded me before he left with his uncle.

"Josh?" I asked him in a mocking tone. He changed his name, huh? "Stop it, Brian. We're not done yet. See ya after the party." He slid a card into my pocket. "Are we having a date or what?" I asked, but he ignored me and grabbed a girl to dance with. What a fool. 

After all these years, this is how we meet again? I was pulled off from my thoughts by Isabella's arms hugging me from behind. "Mami" I turned around and took her hand to dance with me.

We get back to Juan's place when the party ended. Isabella got herself drunk as hell. She keeps kissing me and licking me all around. She really need to learn on how much drink she could handle. This is exactly how she got into this crazy relationship with me. By being drunk and lose control of herself.

Juan is not coming back tonight. He's busy with his girls at the club. That makes it easier for me to sneak out as soon as I tucked Bella in. As I was sure that she's fast asleep, I took out the card Marco gave me and text the number written on it. He replied with the location of the beach, saying he's waiting for me there. 

Marco was waiting for me on his bike. He got off when he saw me coming. "Brian." He smiled. "Marco." I said, before we both throw ourselves on each other for a hug. "I can't believe I finally get to see you again. Mom would be so happy when she knows." He said, patting his hand on my back.