43 - To The Rescue

Erick's POV

Marco took me to what seems like a hotel building, but looks more private and uninviting. It's where Robert keep his "girls". We took the elevator to the upper floor, and get into a room with screens showing the inside of each room in the building. 

"Leave us in here. Robert's command." Marco told the guy who is watching over the screen. He nod, before leaving the room for us both. Marco point his finger to one of the small squares on the screen. "Look carefully. Know that face?" He asked. 

That's her. That's Jess. My mouth gasp in awe. How the hell? "Go talk to her. I'll watch you from here." He said. 

When Jess answered the door, she looks surprised to find that I'm the one that was knocking. She put her head down, and let me in, sitting on her bed. She looks... messed up. If I can say that. 

"Why are you here? To have a taste on Robert's number 1 girl?" She asked, almost inaudible

"No. He doesn't even know I'm here. Tell me how did you end up like this?" I asked. Looking at her, I felt guilty for what happened. It feels like I'm one of the reason why her life turned upside down to this point. 

"It started last year. I trusted the wrong person...." she told me since Camila died she lose herself. Then she met a couple on the street, who then invited her to a party. "They got me drugged, and the next thing I know, I'm in a human cage, in a warehouse, with other girls who got the same fate as I did. Robert saw me and said that he wanted me for himself. It sounds better than being sold to the others at first. Until he brings out the monster in him. I can't count the time I almost die in his hands." She breaks down. 

"You still haven't tell me why are you here? What was it for if it wasn't because of Robert?" She asked me again. 

When I mentioned Chris's name, her mouth curls into a smile. She told me about the first time they met, when she sneaked out from this place after Robert beat the hell out of her. "Chris was being so nice that time. When no one cares enough to ask me why am I bruised and hurt, he treats me like I'm one of his closed friends. Was he worried about me?" She asked. I nod my head, and tell her what happened to Chris since she was gone. "So he cares." She looks to the ground,  smiling. 

"Of course he does. I care too. Which is why I'm here. I'll take you out of this. I've wronged you once when I make your sister took away her life and left you alone. Now it's time for me to make it right." I convinced her before I walked to the door. "But you have to promise me one thing. Be happy with Chris." I turned around to see her smiling after I gave her a pinch of hope to escape this horrible life. Now it's time to make a plan. 

"That is not a wise move, Brian!" Marco yelled at me after I told him I'm going to save Jess. "You'll ruin my team's plan to take down Juan. You're risking your life, and my cover!" 

Of course I can't expect him to understand. He doesn't know what I've done to the two of them before. I have to make it up to them. And this is the only way to do that. 

"I don't mind if you won't help me. I'm doing it anyway. And I'll take her away, far from here." I said, turning my back on him.

~~

"

My bike's tank is full?" I asked. Chris nods his head. "All clothes are packed?" He nods again. We're on a mission. A rescue mission. I'm going to rescue Jess from that place, while Chris wait for us in a dark road I told him to. From there, he'll take Jess away from here. The plan is rough and messy, but we're going to try anyway.

As we were about to leave another bike parked behind us. It's Marco. "You stupid kid. I can't go to sleep if I don't help you." he gave me a slow punch on my shoulder. I know he won't let me do this alone. I'm his little brother.

We dropped Chris and his baggage on the road, and went straight to the place Jess was kept. "Robert is out of town tonight." Marco told me. We walked discreetly to the tv monitor room. "I'll handle this guy. You go get the girl. Meet me here." he said.

I knocked on Jess's door. "It's time." I whispered when she answered. She put on a hoodie on her to cover up the exposing dress she had on. Coming back to where I left Marco, the guy monitoring the screen was already dead on the floor.

"You killed him?" I whisper yelled with my eyes widened.

"I've deleted all the recording with you in it. We have to leave now." Marco didn't answer my obvious question. He took Jess by the arm and glanced at me. "You're welcome." He cockily said to me, before we all left the building in rush.

When we got on the road, Chris was wandering back and forth, waiting nervously for us. As soon as I stopped my bike Jess ran to him, and they both got themselves locked in each other's hug.

Marco asked us about our further plan. "That's absurd. You think Juan and Robert won't find her?" He slapped the back of my head. "Thank god I got a hunch to call my team earlier. We'll take Jess to a safe house. Chris can come along too if he wants to." he said.

We all let out a relief sigh. Out of sudden, Jess pull me for a hug. I never expect this coming from her. "I've said bad things to you before. I'm sorry. Thank you, Erick." she said into my ears before getting back into Chris's arms. "Thank you, bro." Chris nod to me.

I'm feeling so thankful right now. At least I got to see the two people I've done wrong before finally get their happiness. Just after Marco's team came to pick up the both of them, I got back on my bike and ride back home.

Coming into my room, Bella is waiting for me wearing a denim jacket on top of her lingerie on my bed.

"You look happy

"You look happy." She asked me, grinning while bitting her finger. Ay my girl looks sexy. I took away my jacket and throw it across the room. "Not so happy. It's a really, really bad day. And there's only one way to make it better." I said, licking my upper teeth as I crawled onto the bed.

This chapter is not perfect but at least I've tried 😅 so it's the beginning of Chris's happiness. Finally. Give it a vote, lovelies ❤