29 - Earliest Flight Home

Erick's POV

Fuck. She's here. How long has she been here? We stood froze, can do nothing but locking our eyes on each other. The door was screeched open, but we're not bothered by it. "By the way I'm giving you a new position when we- oh god" Juan stopped talking when he saw who's standing in front of me.

Isabella grabbed my hand "Let's go back to our room. Good night, Juan." and she dragged me to our room. When we got in, she let go and change into her pjs, not saying a thing to me. "Don't forget to put the lights out." She said with her cold tone and laid her back on the bed.

I sat on my side of the bed, holding my hands together, wondering if I should let out my curiosity. "You were there, for how long?" My voice shaken, scared to know the answer. "Long enough to listen to everything you guys talked about." She answered behind me.

So she heard everything. I buried my face in my head. I was about to ask another question, but she cuts my words "Can we not talk about it right now? I'm not ruining my vacation mood." I don't want to fight too, so I turned the lights off and tried to sleep. It's hard to force myself to since we are on the same bed but she barely touch me tonight.

I laid on my back staring into the cold air until the sun came out. We all leave the cruise and get back to the hotel. It was supposed to be a happy vacation, which is a success for the newlyweds and Yoandri and Anitta. But for us, we just walked side by side but not even talking to each other. It's getting unbearable, so when we get into our hotel room I finally confronted her. "We need to talk, Isabella. I knew it has something to do about last night."

She sighed and look away. "Talk to me, Bella. Don't leave me hanging." I put the pressure on her. "How could you do that? You live under the same roof as his brother." She asked me.

She doesn't know how many times I had a breakdown when I look at Joel's face. How bad the guilt eats me from the inside when he ended the call with his mom Patty, saying that she sent her love for me, the lonely Erick who had no family to be loved by. Patty loved me like her own son, not knowing that I killed one of them.I walked to the window and throw my gaze outside.

I walked to the window and throw my gaze outside

"You said you've heard everything. So you must have heard what Juan said. A job is a job." I answered without looking back at her.

Isabella wrapped my body in a back hug, and rest her cheek on my back. "You just can't say no to Juan's orders. Are you going to be like him one day?"

I didn't answer. Will I? Isabella waited long enough for my answer, she finally open up to add something on. "I grew up worrying about my dad whenever he's not at home. My mom hugged me everytime I cried when he didn't come back for days, telling me it's okay, he'll be fine. She didn't know I've seen her sobbing alone in the dark. When we grew up, dad get Juan involved in the business. Everyday before they leave the house mom kissed the both of them like she's sending them off for a war. Because who knows whether the day would end with them killing people, or them getting killed."

She paused and let out a deep sigh. "That's one thing. She also have to sleep at night knowing her man and her boy sinned for the sake of wealth. Everyday I prayed that my family would be away from those nasty shit they are working with. I don't want to live like my mom did. I don't want myself and my future kids to worry about their dad sins everytime he stepped outside of our house. But now I'm dating someone who'll end up to be just the same."

Her words stabbed right through my chest. I hold her hands and break free from her hug. "Are you saying you can't accept me for who I am? The thing I dealt with? Then why the fuck didn't you listen to your best friend back then? She clearly told you, the name Erick Brian Colón can't be a good news." I turned my back and bore into her eyes.

Isabella widen her eyes at my comment. "You heard that?" She stammered. "I did. But I thought you love me enough to take me for who I am. I was Juan's guy first before we met, Isabella. I'm bound to his orders. If you want me you have to take me as whole, even with the nasty job I'm carrying on my shoulders." I raised my voice unintentionally.

Isabella's eyes got glossy. I made her cry again today. She doesn't have to tell me what's on her mind. I get it just by looking at her. "I'm taking that as a no." I took out my phone and search for the earliest flight back home. Isabella take a look into my phone screen and asked me "What are you doing?"

We met each other's eyes, both shown disappointment in it. "Booking a flight ticket home. I can't stay here anymore." I find my luggage and pack my stuff up.

It's a few hours left until my departure time but I can't be in the same room with Isabella any longer. Both our hearts are breaking and looking at each other for another minute willl only make it worse.

I stopped before I step out from the room and turn to her for the last time. She didn't move her eyes on me, but she's not asking me to stay either. "I hope you find someone that's good enough to take you away from this dirty business. Someone that never get his hands dirty. Because I can't be that person." I said before I close the door behind me, letting my back lean on it for a few second as I allow my heart to fully absorb this second heartbreak before I leave.

What do you think about the new update? Don't forget to vote, lovelies ❤