13 - What's With Him?

Isabella's POV

I know when Erick said he was not feeling well just now, he lied. I can see it in his face. Something is bothering him. It's the same look he's wearing the day he had a fight with Chris.

He followed me inside and took a seat on the couch. I turned the TV on and curled under his arm. He didn't tell me what's wrong, and I don't feel like I should ask.

Now I know he's working with Juan. It scares me that Juan won't like it to know that we are together. Not that he ever liked any of my boyfriends before, but having one of his guys dating me? That could be worse.

Juan never brought his guys to our house. As much as he keep a good relationship with the guys working with him, he never let them into our house. He don't even like it when I come to his workshop.

It's not just Juan that I'm worried about. Every one of Juan's guys followed everything he says. I'm afraid that one the Erick would leave just because Juan told him to.

"Isabella?" Erick cuts me off from my thoughts.

"Yup?" I replied.

"Is there anything that's bothering you?" he asked me.

I shook my head no. I'm not telling him what's been running on my mind. I'll keep Juan as a secret for as long as I can. And I'll never ask anything that will lead him to tell me anything about his work with Juan.

"What about you? You seems off just now. What happened?" I asked.

Knowing that I'm worried, Erick tried to ease me with his smile. "It has nothing to do with you, Bella. Don't worry."

Being the way I am, I don't like to asked people twice. If they told me they're okay, even if I know they're not, I won't asked them again. I respect that some people needed their space.

It hit me that I've always wanted to go on an adventure with the one I love. "I think we both need to do something to ease our mind, what do you think?" I speak up my mind.

Erick thinks to himself for a while. "I'm okay with that. You have a plan?"

I nod my head with a smirk. "I just need you to have high level of endurance."

"Well, I think I have that. Let's go." he's getting excited.

I ran to my bedroom to change my clothes and grab my blanket and small pillows. We both get into my car and I drove us to a woods I used to go when I was little with my dad and Juan.

"Wait up, babe." Erick called for me from behind. I know this woods so I'm moving faster than him. Plus, he's carrying the things I brought with us.

It took us about an hour walking into the woods before we reached our destination. We've found the river in the woods with the wooden seats my dad made for us years ago.

It has been years since I last got here

It has been years since I last got here. Ever since my dad passed away and my mom rarely came home, we never came here anymore. Not to mention Juan was too busy taking care of his gang he has no time to take me here for nothing.

"Wow, Bella this is beautiful." Erick said behind me, dropping our stuff on the ground.

"I know, right?" I proudly said, putting my hands on my waist. "Such a great view" I added.

He ran to me and pick me up. "And you makes the view becomes greater to see." he said, spinning me around.

I put a cover on the ground and arranged the small pillows and the blanket on it. We brought with us some snacks too. I looked for Erick and find him taking his shirt off.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm diving in, for sure." he said before he diminished into the water. "Woohoo, Bella come in with me, please." he pleaded in the water.

I put off my shirt and my pants and jumped into the water. I swim towards him and locked him in my arms. We kissed and I play my feet with his under the water. "Be careful of the alligator, baby" I whispered to him.

"Oh my god, seriously?" he screamed out, letting go of my arms and swim away.

I laughed and follow him to the side of the river. "Now I know you'll let your girlfriend in the water eaten by the alligators." I said with a laugh.

He turned back to face me. He doesn't look amused. "It's not funny, Isabella. I hate those creatures." he shivered.

I can't stop laughing at him. "So you're scared of alligators." I teased him.

"Everyone should fear them, Isabella. Now stop saying their name they might hear you." he begged.

I pulled his hand so that he'll get back into the river. "I swear there are none of them in there." I said. "But I don't know about anacondas" I added.

He let go of my hand and ran back. "No, Isabella! Now I'll never get back in there." he said as he put on his pants.

"Now I know my boyfriend is afraid of reptiles" I mocked him.

"Not just any reptiles, Bella. Those things you mentioned are deadly reptiles. Not a peaceful way to die." he shook his head.

I laughed so hard I almost fall to the ground. I know he hates it but I can't control myself anymore. He came to me looking annoyed.

"Stop laughing at me, Isabella." he said before he picked me up and lay me down on the cover. He laid on top of me, wearing his sexy side smirk.

I bit my lower lips, expecting him to make a move. "Stop being so horny over me, mami" he laughed before he lay down beside me.

"No way, did you just played with me, Erick Brian?" I said, trying to sound as pissed as I could.

"You played yourself, Isabella. Now if you can excuse me, I need to take a nap." he closed his eyes and pretend to sleep.

I was amazed by his sleeping face. I don't care what happened before in his life. I love this guy. I was too busy admiring him that I didn't noticed he slightly opened his eyes to watch me.

"Like what you see, mami?" he grinned.

My face turned red but I won't deny it any longer. "I love what I see." I said before I leaned in to kiss him.

"I think I've loved you too much, Erick." I whispered to him. That was when I noticed his face changed. His smile faded and he turned his face away. Did I said anything wrong?

He gets up and put his shirt on. "It's getting late. Let's go back." he said sternly as he gathered everything into his hands and started walking without giving me a chance to say anything.