16 - "Then Don't"

Isabella's POV

Erick has been acting weird since we left the river. It seems like he's trying to distant himself from me. I don't know where did I go wrong.

Of course I've asked him what's wrong. He just tell me he's been busy with works, that he's tired. Liar. Maybe he's leaving me. Maybe they were right, he'll never change. Even though he says he would.

I walked downstairs to ease my mind by swimming in our swimming pool. Until I saw Juan with a girl on his lap, sniffing each other on the pool bench. Disgusting.

I turned around because I've changed my mind. I'm not swimming with these donkeys making love near me. It'll never help me ease my head. "Oh you're at home" I heard Juan said behind me. Fuck. He saw me.

I turned my back and fake a friendly face. "That's my little sister Isabella. Bella, this is Natasha." Natasha, huh? Just another girl. Every time Juan brought a girl home it's a different girl. Men are trash.

"Oh, hi Natalie." I intentionally said a wrong name. "Have fun while you can." I said with a bitchy tone before I left them and went back to my room.

Maybe I need to talk to someone. Not Anitta, I don't need her to tell me "I've told you so". That's not gonna help me with anything. I think I should talk to Chris.

We meet at a park near their neighborhood. "Tell me, what was it that you want to talk about? It is about Erick?" he figured it out.

"Yup" I answered, keeping my face down to the ground. "Is there someone else?" I'm preparing myself for any possibility of a heartbreak.

Chris stopped walking and hold my arms. "No, he's not seeing anyone else, Bella." he assured me with a smile. "Look, I know you must've doubt him because of who he was before. But he's not like that anymore."

"So why is he treating me differently? At first he was so nice and sweet and just as I thought I was falling for him he suddenly push me away." I spit it out.

Chris is still wearing his calm face and I don't like it. "I know what you mean. I knew what happened. All I can say is there's a reason for his sudden change of behavior towards you."

"And the reason is?" I can't keep the questions in my head anymore.

Chris sighed and scratched the back of his head. "That boy hid it very well, but he's been living in pain, Isabella. Maybe it's best for you to talk to him by yourself. Let's go back to our house." he took my hand.

I agreed and we both went to the band's house. Richard was outside, doing something with their van. When I got in Joel was on the couch while Zabdiel was nowhere to be found, as usual.

I heard a footstep coming down the stairs and my heart beats faster as the sound gets closer. "Isabella?" I heard he called my name from the stairs.

I turned around slowly, afraid that he might tell me to leave. But instead, he hugged me. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I brought her here. You guys need to talk." Chris answered, pushing the both of us to the stairs. "Go to your room. Now" he said in a mother like tone.

As we were told, Erick took me into his room. We sat on his bed and I asked him to just tell me the truth. "I need to know why are you pushing me away."

Erick stood up and walked towards his closet, taking out a small box and brought it to the bed. He opened it up, revealing what looks like a letter.

He gave the letter to me and tell me to read it. I was confused at first but then it comes to me that this was a suicide note.

"Just don't kill yourself for the heartbreak later, pretty girl."

"Heartbreak kills, Erick knows that" the voice of Karina saying that playing at the back of my mind. Now I know what she meant by that.

I cover my mouth with my hand. When I put the letter down I found Erick staring at me with tears in his eyes. "When you tell me you loved me, I got scared. I don't want to hurt you the way I hurt her." he said softly.

I put my hand on his chest.

"Then don't" I said to him

"Then don't" I said to him. I wiped his tears from his eyes. "Don't be like this again, okay? I love you. Now smile for me, please." and so he did. He smiled foolishly, causing me to laugh.

I pinched his nose and we both burst into laughter

I pinched his nose and we both burst into laughter. "Now that's my foolish boyfriend." I kissed his lips.