28 - Exposed

Before we start, thank you for the votes 🌸 enjoy reading.

Isabella's POV

I knew there must be something behind my mom's sudden return. She's announcing her wedding with her new boyfriend. Ever since my dad died my mom has been lost in her own world. We were not pleased at how much she has changed at first, but as time passed we start to understand her feelings. She just lost the love of her life, and she has to find someone to take away her sorrow, which she couldn't find yet until now.

I squeezed Erick's hand, cutting him off from his thoughts as he stared at the window. "Is it okay with the guys for you to come with me?" I asked him. We're in the plane on our way to Hawaii, where my mom is having her wedding.

"They're fine. There's only one show at the club this week and missing one out of two guitarists won't do any harm. In fact, I'd love to be with you for your mom's wedding. Let's get the wedding vibe for inspiration. Who knows maybe we'll be next?" He grins at me.

I hit his chest when he says that. But I can't deny my heart blooms when he mentioned the idea of us getting married. Imagine Erick in a wedding suit waiting for me in the aisle on our big day gave me a warm feelings. Before he could notice the heat on my cheeks, I turned my face away to opposite direction.

"Did I just heard someone fantasizing a wedding?" I heard Yoandri and Anitta's laugh behind us. Erick and I exchanged looks before he put his face in between the seat gaps to annoy Yoandri.

In a split second, Yoandri smacked his palm onto Erick's forehead, causing him to shriek, and Anitta bursts into laughter

In a split second, Yoandri smacked his palm onto Erick's forehead, causing him to shriek, and Anitta bursts into laughter. "Shut the fuck up, kiddos. You're annoying the other passengers. And me." Juan said behind us. We forgot his existence here before he open his mouth. So is Danny, we forgot he's here too, sitting beside me. Probably because he didn't say a thing since he saw Anitta with Yoandri, and they can do nothing to hide the awkwardness. Afraid to cause any other disturbance to the others, we all keep our laugh inaudible.

I didn't let go of Erick's hand when I saw my mom walk in with her wedding dress. Juan is walking her down the aisle. It seems like we're switching roles right now but I can't keep my tears when I saw my mom finally getting married again. I hope this time it lasts because her new husband, Paul, seems like a good man.

Juan arranged a private dinner on a cruise for just us and the newlyweds after the wedding

Juan arranged a private dinner on a cruise for just us and the newlyweds after the wedding. We'll spend the whole night cruising and my mom really love the idea. Paul seems to be interested to know more about us, his new stepchildren. We bonded quite well, and the conversation we are having doesn't seem to die.

"Seriously, this big guy never let you date anyone?" Paul asked me, referring to Juan. I nod and tell him everything Juan did to my exes, all the threats and beatings. "Luckily this time he's letting this one pass." He smiles at Erick, who then put his hand on my thigh.

Juan fixed his sitting position and played with the fork in his hand. "That's because he's working for me, and I knew him well for that. Reliable guy, this one." He glanced at Erick before looking back at Paul. He let out a side grin before he open his mouth again. "He even kill for me without any second thoughts, imagine what he would do for his girl."

We were all stunned when he said that

We were all stunned when he said that. Silence falls in the room. I took a look at Erick, he took away his hand from my thigh and keep his eyes down. Everyone on the table looks either surprised or confused, except for Juan. He's looking at the both of us while sipping on his wine with a hint of joy on his face.

Erick stopped talking through the entire dinner, thanks to Juan. To be honest I'm shocked too, to know that Juan had ordered Erick to kill someone and I knew nothing about it. But talking about it on family dinner with our new step dad, my stupid brother was seriously being rude. And it's obvious Erick doesn't appreciate such introduction. Neither do I.

"You can go to bed first, I need to get some air." Erick tells me when we all dismissed from the dinner. "Everything is okay, right?" I asked. Erick gave me a faint smile and peck on my cheek. "It is, now go get some rest. I won't be long." He assured me.

I wait and wait for him to get back to our room, but he never come back. I don't want him to get lost in him thoughts alone in the midnight air, so I decided to go out and find him. I walked passed Juan's room, and that's when I heard someone talking. Erick.

"You don't have to expose me like that, Juan. She doesn't need to know I'm a killer." he whisper yelled.

I can hear Juan's devil laugh. "I thought lovers never keep secrets. What's the big deal about it anyway? It's not like she doesn't know what we do in our business. Ahh, it's because you're afraid she'll know that one of the guys you killed was your bandmate's brother?" there's no response from Erick. "What? You think I didn't know Emanuel's younger brother is in your band?"

I put my hand to cover my mouth. Erick was the one that killed Emanuel, Joel's brother? "Stop being a softie, Erick. Or you'll lose in this business. A job, is a job. Fuck friends or any relationship we had outside of our business. That's the key to survive. Now get out of my room before your girlfriend gets worried."

I realized I have to leave right now, but it's too late. The door was opened and we both froze when we saw each other.

Don't forget to hit that little star ❤