-23-

After we moved in and were settled in, I begged and begged for Josh to let me have a house warming party. He hated those kinds of things because it meant lots of people snooping in our house. It was August, which meant it was boiling outside so eventually I gave him enough reasons to let me have one.

I invited everyone I knew and everyone Josh knew. I was beyond excited. I made Jenna come round about five hours before and help me make food for everyone. I told Josh he didn't have to do anything other than clean the house for me which he did happily.

Jenna and I hurried busily around the kitchen, she was making sweet treats while I made a variety of salads. Josh walked in lazily, still in his pyjamas and leant up against the counter. He watched me chop up fruit carefully until it started to make me uncomfortable.

"You good babe?" I looked up from my fruit. Jenna wiped her hands on her apron and exited the room swiftly. She pointed at the oven before she left to indicate I needed to watch the timer.

"I think we should get a dog" Josh said finally. I put my knife down and stared at him, I raised my eyebrows as if to ask him why he's bringing this up now.

"Do you think we can look after a dog?" I picked up my knife after calming down and chopping the fruit even more.

"I think the dog could look after us" he raised his eyebrows, thinking he's won.

"Josh, you are going to release an album soon. Then you will go on tour. I go away for work a lot as well. Where is this dog going to go?" I asked, chopping the fruit viciously. I picked up the board and slipped the fruit into a bowl before picking up a melon and starting again.

"We have friends, we could take him to my parents or your parents. Come on Sage, it'll be our first step into parenthood" he slid round the table so he was behind me and rested his head on my shoulder. He was trying to make me agree.

"So, lets just have a baby" I joked, his hands instantly came off me as he moved back around the island.

"What about a dog?" He swerved the conversation back to what he wanted.

"What about a cat? Less hassle" I suggested.

"What about a dog?"

"What about a fish?"

"What about a dog?"

"What about a stick insect?" I could see him growing angry in his eyes.

"Why don't you want a dog?" He practically growled.

"I don't think we can look after one yet, not with our lifestyles" I slipped the fruit into the bowl and tossed it to mix up at the fruit. He glared at me, he was so angry that I wouldn't let him get a damn dog. I sighed, and walked towards him. I cupped his face in my hands and smiled. He squinted his eyes at me in anger. "I will think about it. We can talk after the party" he gave me a goofy smile, kissed me quickly and ran upstairs to get ready.

Later on, people started to arrive. I flew downstairs in my red sundress, I was so excited to have all my friends here at my house. Be a proper host. Josh greeted everyone by the door while I swanned my way around the party making sure everyone was okay.

"Hey sis" Brendon kissed my cheek as he entered the garden.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, I hadn't seen him in ages since he was writing an album.

"More like how are you? You all healed up?" He asked.

"Yep, I'm all good. My last checkups on Friday" I assured him, he kissed my cheek again and went to talk to Pete. I looked around my party and felt satisfied that I was being a good host.