-28-

My mom and dad left on the Thursday, my dad seemed much happier around Josh which shocked me slightly. Dad had always been wary of Josh since he was the first guy I had been with since Jacob. When they first met he was very hesitant towards Josh and didn't really talk to him.

However on this trip, they talked a lot about music and sports. My dad loved football so Josh tried his best to talk about teams and even looked up the scores of my dads favourite team beforehand. My dad actually seemed interested in Josh's drums and his music room in which he had all his instruments.

"Okay honey, we're off" my mom said as Josh helped my dad pile things into the cab.

"Is Dad Okay? He seems...calm?" I giggled, she laughed with me and nodded.

"I think he really likes Josh. I really like Josh. God, I hope he lasts" she sighed as she played with my hair.

"Alright mom" I laughed. She gave me a long hug and kissed my cheek.

"Come and visit soon okay?" She smiled, I nodded and ushered her to the car.

"Bye Dad" I opened my arms wide. I saw my mom whisper something in Josh's ear as she left and she blushed. I made a mental note to ask him later. My dad gave me a huge hug and shook me side to side like he used to when I was young.

"I hope your job goes well and I hope you and Josh look after Jim properly." He said to me seriously.

"We will Dad, I'm gonna be okay" I laughed.

"Hmm. It seems you've done well. Don't fuck it up" he lowered his voice.

"Dad!" I burst at his language. He gave me another hug before getting into the car. My mom gave me another kiss goodbye before they rolled away in the cab.

Josh put his arm around my waist but I was watching my parents go away from me so I wrapped my arms around his side and hugged him tightly. He kissed my head as I waved goodbye to the cab in the distance.

"You okay?" He asked, I nodded and kissed him softly.

"I just miss them a lot. How do you do this? You live so far away from yours" I turned my head to face him. He grabbed my cheeks and smiled reassuringly.

"It's hard but I have the people I love around me. That does remind me that we should go and see my family soon"

"Agreed. Let's plan a trip, I love Ohio" I grinned. He kissed me again before turning towards my lovely house. Josh collected our mail as we walked back to the house.

"There's a letter for you" he handed me and envelope that had my name written in ugly handwriting. I knew instantly who it was from. I opened it and read through the letter, it was from Jacob and he was inviting me and Josh to dinner.

"It's from Jacob. He wants us to come for dinner tomorrow" I said without taking my eyes off the paper.

"Okay 1. How the fuck did he get our address and 2. Why is he asking us in a hand written letter?" Josh never tried to hide his hatred for Jacob from me but part of me wanted to go.

"He says that he asked Brendon to give him my number and he refused so he asked his mom to ask mine for my address so he could send a letter" I explained, Josh gave a harsh laugh.

"That's a borderline stalker if I've ever seen one" he took the letter to read it. I stayed silent while he read it, he laughed but then noticed my silence. "You want to go don't you?" He raised his eyebrows. I shrugged which made his eyebrows go higher.

"Don't you remember when we found his girlfriend on Facebook. Do you not want to see her fangirl over you?" I asked but it sounded weirder than I hoped.

"Do you?" He asked, I let out a sigh.

"He seems to have changed. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Oh I don't know, he tries to get back together with you? Kidnaps you, hurts you, embarrassed you. I know for a fact he will piss me off one way or another!" He was almost shouting, I could tell that it was not an option for us to go.

"Okay! We won't go" I stomped passively past him and put the letter in the bin.

"Why do you want to go? Do you want to check out his new girlfriend?" He asked insecurely.

"Of course not! Why would you think that?"

"I'm just trying to figure out why you would want to go to your ex fiancées house for dinner" he raised his hands in defence which put me in a mood. I crossed my arms aggressively and popped out a hip.

"That was like five years ago Josh. I've seen him since, I'm not about to hold a huge grudge over him" I hugged but Josh wasn't having any of it.

"You know I don't like him Sage. He's the one person on this earth that I don't think I will ever like" he moaned like a child.

"And does the fact that his girlfriend is a super fam of you not make you want mess with him?" I grinned mischievously at him. He squinted his eyes and shook his head.

"You're not that much of a bitch Sage." He tilted his head down towards me patronisingly.

"I can be" I smirked but it just made him roll his eyes.

"So this girl might love me? Would it not hurt you to see him with someone else?" He bit his lip, clearly nervous of the answer. Truthfully, I didn't know why I wanted to go to Jacobs I just new I did and I wanted Josh to understand that.

"No because there are no feelings there for him anymore. Who knows? I could make a new friend?" I persuaded.

"Oh yeah, one who's in love with your boyfriend. Solid best friend material there" his sarcasm hit me square in the face. I decided to seduce him into it instead of fight him for it. I wrapped my arms around his torso and smiled up at him.

"Look around us Josh, we have a nice house, we have a dog, we have a life together. This dinner, could be like saying goodbye to my old life. Like...closure" he let out a deep breath and tucked my hair behind my ears.

"Okay but the minute he pisses me off or talks about your time together I'm out" He raised a finger at me to show his authority.

"Deal. He won't though, not in front of his girlfriend" I assured him. He kissed me softly before letting out a sigh.

"Why can't I say no to you?" he yelled out in frustration.

"'Cause I'm irresistible" I grinned, he pulled me up and sat me on the counter.

"You got that right" he laughed before rubbing his hands on my thighs. Suddenly, thought came into my head.

"What did my dad say to you before he left?" I asked, Josh's eyes diverted away from mine. It was clear he didn't want to tell me. I rested my hand on his cheek and pushed his head back so he was looking at me. "Jishua?" I giggled, thinking he was being silly.

"He was just saying all the usual Dad stuff you know? Look after my daughter, feed her and stuff" he muttered, he didn't look at me which showed me he was lying. What could my dad have possibly said to him that he can't tell me?

"Oh. Okay." I put on my best smile and kissed behind his ear to make him think I believed him.

"I love you" he smiled at me.

"I love you too Jishuaaaaaa" I yelled his name which made him laugh.

"Let's go spend some time with our pup" he whispered. I nodded and hopped off the counter to go and see Jim.