-57-

It was hard to let go of Josh when he dropped me off at the Benefit Headquarters. I was like a child on the first day of school. He tried to come in with me but that would've just made things worse.

"Hello. I'm Sage Dun, I have an interview with Pricilla Abrams" I said to the lady. It was weird calling myself Dun but it felt like it worked.

"Fourth floor" the miserable woman said without evening turning her head in my direction.

I stood impatiently in the elevator with two other people who I assumed worked there. They both looked very proper, one was a woman with red hair and a blue dress. The other was a man who looked around my age, the aura they gave off made me feel as if I had intruded on something.

I stepped out the elevator to be met with another lady at a desk, she was happily talking to a tall woman in front of her. I stood patiently, waiting for her to finish so I could talk.

"Hello there, what can I do for you?" She smiled happily towards me. The woman she was talking to had smooth dark skin and watched me carefully.

"I'm Sage Dun, I have an interview with Pricilla Abrams" I repeated myself, the work Dun rippling off my tongue. Before the lady had a chance to say anything, the other woman held out her hand.

"It's very nice to meet you Sage. I'm Pricilla" I was taken aback, i didn't expect her to be so chilled.

"Oh, hi. Likewise" I said awkwardly as I shook her hand. She moved her hand in a way which indicated that I should follow her which I did. I took a few deep breaths in and out as she motioned for me to sit on one of her bright chairs.

"I was intrigued by the ideas you sent over. It's very different and unique, it shows you have a vision that is different to Benefit's." she said as she sat down on her chair, towering over me.

"Thank you, I've been working very hard on them." I gave her my best smile which she returned.

"I trust you have more in that portfolio" she moved her eyes to the big bag I was carrying. I opened it up and pulled out all the things I had prepared. I laid them out on the table for her and she ran her hands over the designs.

"These colours, they are beautiful. And these brush designs, I like them" she smiled at my sketches. "Can I see your resume?" She asked, I pulled it out of my bag and slid it over the table. She let out a small laugh which baffled me.

"You worked on the road as a makeup stylist with Panic! At the Disco and Twenty One Pilots" she read off the sheet. "I assume that's where you met Josh?" She smiled. My heart sank a little when she mentioned Josh, I didn't want him to be a part of this as selfish as it sounded.

"Yes. That was a long time ago now" I laughed awkwardly. "Is Josh going to be a problem?" I asked out of the blue.

"Only if you make him one" she had a smirk on her face which only made me panic. I didn't know what to say or think anymore so I just stayed quiet.

"You worked for Jess Andrea. I've never heard of her?" She said as she continued to read my resume.

"Her husband...uh...ex husband was Logic, the rapper. I was her make up artist and stylist whenever she went on a red carpet" I explained awkwardly.

"You have plenty of experience, great ideas. We can set up a trial meeting with our production and creative teams to see if you flop but I'm confident you won't. I'll even give you the choice of having the meeting in our offices or in your own home" she smiled.

"So...you want to take my ideas forward?" My heart was racing.

"I don't see why we shouldn't give you a chance. You seem like a very promising young lady" she smiled. She started to collect up my things while i processed what was happening.