-41-

Waking up alone is the hardest part when Josh's away. Jim was good when it came to cuddles but he wasn't Josh. I tried to keep myself busy, going places with Jenna and Jess but I just ended up wanting Josh. It was actually a little worrying that I couldn't go a week without missing him.

It was a Saturday, Josh was returning on Wednesday and our wedding was on Saturday. I couldn't believe I was a week away from being married. I decided to celebrate by making some pancakes for breakfast but as soon as I walked into the kitchen, I was attacked. I screamed as the creature came towards me. I ran into the closet and locked myself in. I fumbled around in my pocket and called Josh.

"Hey baby, I didn't think you would be up" his voice rang through the phone.

"Josh josh josh, there's a bird in the kitchen and I don't know what to do" I yelled down the phone. There was silence then he laughed.

"Where are you?" He asked, I couldn't believe he was actually laughing at me. I heard Jim start to bark which scared me even more.

"Oh no! I left Jim, it's gonna get my baby" I screamed, I leapt up and opened the door.

"Sage, I'm in New York I can't do anything" josh reminded me. I screamed as I ran and opened the door. Josh FaceTimed me which I answered and showed him the bird flying around the kitchen. Jim was jumping up and down trying to catch it while I screamed every time it came near me.

"Josh it's not going out the door. Why isn't it going away?" I yelled. I looked down at my phone to see Josh and now Tyler watching me.

"You ok Sage?" Tyler called out, they were both laughing at me.

"There is a bird in my house, attacking me and my dog. I'm not ok Tyler" I scolded him. They both laughed again, I rolled my eyes. "You don't want to help? Fine." I ended the call and put my phone on the counter. The bird flew around me so I picked Jim up and ran out of the room.

Everything was happening at once, the bird was in the kitchen, the dog was barking and then as if everything wasn't going wrong someone started banging on the door. I had to put Jim down and decline Josh who was calling me back.

"I'm coming!" I yelled at the door. I had to pulled myself together, everything was happening all at once.

I reached the door and opened it to find Luke. Luke who I hadn't seen since he tried to kiss me and Josh kicked him out of the house.

"Luke" I couldn't quite comprehend what was happening. Jim was still barking at the kitchen door and my head was all fuzzy. Josh was still calling my phone.

"Hey" he shoved his hands in his jean pockets and swayed forwards awkwardly. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and pressed answer.

"Babe I'm gonna have to call you back" I said abruptly and hung up. Almost a minute later he texted me saying 'are you mad at me?'

"So, Josh is away?" Luke asked, I squinted my eyes at him. Jim stopped barking and stood by my feet protectively.

"Why are you here? I'm busy, there's a bird in my kitchen" I was not in the mood for a heart to heart make up with him. Not today.

"Do you want me to get it out?" His eyebrows raised, he knew he had given me an offer I couldn't refuse.

"Fine but then you leave" I let him in. Jim watched him carefully as he opened the kitchen door. He grabbed a pan that was in the sink and started waving it around until the bird flew out the window. He looked so proud of himself afterwards but it just made me roll my eyes.

"Okay, thanks for coming" i ushered him away.

"Nice ring" he ignored my comment, his eyes drawn to my hand.