-34-

My legs twitched with nerves, I ended up downing my champagne while we waited. Jenna walked along the dresses, pulling out one once in a while. Sarah was on her phone, trying to find out how the boys were doing for me. Jess was talking to me about her wedding, about her dress and cakes. Lillie, who had just arrived from Arizona, was holding my hand and sitting in silence.

"Okay. Hello ladies! Which one is the bride to be?" A bubbly petite woman flew out from behind the mirror, scaring us all.

"That's me. I'm Sage, nice to meet you" I stood up, she shook my hand as she gave me a great big grin.

"And who are these" She motioned to my friends. I turned around to face everyone.

"These are my best friends, Jenna, Lillie and Jess and that's my best friend slash sister in law Sarah" I explained my group.

"Okay! Great, let's begin." She said. I downed the last of my champagne and started to walk towards the bubbly lady.

The door suddenly swung open to reveal someone I didn't think would make it. My mom. She looked out of breathe but then sorted herself out so she looked presentable. My mother ladies and gentlemen, even when she's in a rush she still looks beautiful.

"Mom!" I burst, I ran to her and hugged her tightly. "What are you doing here?" I squeezed her so tightly I thought I might break her.

"Sarah called me and said you wanted me here. I cancelled my plans" she squished my face as I grinned.

"I'm so glad you are here" I smiled.

"What? Did you think you could do this without me?" She sassed, everyone let out a laugh as she took a seat next to Jess. They introduced themselves before she motioned that we could continue.

"Okay, shall I begin now?" The woman asked.

"Yes, so sorry" I giggled. She clapped her hands together loudly which scared everyone.

"I am Danielle and I will be your consultant for today." She said to me, I nodded. "Okay Sage, I have compiled three dresses based on the research you sent me." She clapped her hands quickly before grabbing mine. I raised my eyebrows at everyone who looked extremely amused by all of this.

She took me into the dressing room where she had three dresses laid out for me. She left the room so I could get undressed. I pulled out the first dress and stared at it for a while. I ran my hand over the lace and let out a guilty smile. I slipped it on and stared at myself in the mirror.

I clipped my hair up quickly and spun around to see what I looked like at the back

I clipped my hair up quickly and spun around to see what I looked like at the back. I let out a deep breath and ran my hands along the skirt. I walked out of the changing room to my friends, I watched as their faces dropped. My mom burst into tears instantly. I stood up on the platform and looked at myself again.

"Oh Sage." Jenna was the first to speak. Lillie stood up and came over to me, she let out a sigh that triggered a smile on her face. She ran her hands along my arms.