four: Leo's sacrifice

---------      Percy     --------

Percy sat by Leo and watched as he was shaking. He looked to be having a bad nightmare. He gently touched his arm and backed up as fast as he could when Leo's eyes flew open.

"Percy get away!" Leo cried. Leo clutched his arms to his chest and shook his head quickly. Tears were flowing down his face. "Percy lock me up please I killed Nico!" He shouted, fear in his eyes. He was scared. But of what? He didnt really kill Nico obviously but why was he trying so hard to be locked away?

"Leo?" Percy reached forward but he pulled away which ripped his shirt revealing a purple mark on his skin. Percy pulled the sleeve more and it ripped off revealing the tattoo as well as a bunch of scars new and old. "Oh God's Leo..." Leo had tears flowing down his face.

"Percy lock me up before I kill you." Leo said.

"Leo why would you kill me?" Percy asked curiously as he looked at Leo's arm in concern.

"Because they have Nico....because of this....I just need to make sure he's safe. I don't want to kill you. So lock me up." Leo bit his lip and held his head. "She won't shut up." Leo looked at Percy as he wiped his face. "She keeps threatening to hurt Nico if I don't kill you guys and Nico is..I can't kill you guys so please just lock me away and find Nico." His arm glowed purple and Percy jumped back. He let out a cry of pain and Percy jumped as he saw Leo light himself on fire except the flames were purple and they were burning him.

"What the Hades!" Percy shouted. He threw a bucket of water at Leo and it doused the flames. Leo gasped and leaned against the bed frame. His eyes looked tired. He looked at Percy.

"She heard me refusing her orders. Kinda sucks disobeying a powerful queen." Leo groaned. He bit his lip. "I don't want to be stuck with her in my head...she wants me to kill everyone. I can't."

"She has Nico hostage?" Percy asked. Leo nodded his head as he rubbed his arms.

"I know it's selfish of me to leave him with her knowing she will hurt him if I don't kill you guys but I just can't hurt you guys..." Leo looked at the knife in his hands. "I'd rather hurt myself." Percy blinked and suddenly Leo had the knife inserted into his stomach.

"LEO!" Percy ran to his side and was immediately tending to the wound. He gave Leo a worried look. Leo just laughed and grabbed Percys hand.

"Shhh Percy Jackson. Leo Valdez has done the unthinkable and has sacrificed himself for you. Allow him to die and we will return Nico diangelo." Percy saw that Leo's eyes were glowing purple.

"No!" Percy shouted. Leo snapped his fingers and Percy disappeared from the infermory and was soon standing next to Jason on the ship's deck.

"Percy weren't you watching Leo?" Jason asked.

"Yeah but...something...someone attacked us. Leo stabbed himself." Percy said quickly. Jason got ready to run below deck when suddenly the girls, Frank and coach hedge appeared on deck. The door to below deck slammed shut and locked with magic.

"What is going on here!" Hedge shouted. "What did you do cupcake?" He looked at Jason.

"Hey don't look at me!" Jason held his hands in the air.

"Dude you shocked Leo with lightning!" Percy cried.

"You did what!?" Piper cried.

"Yeah well how else was I gonna stop him from speaking gibberish?" Jason pouted. Percy glared at him.

"Gee I don't know maybe be a smart person and ask him politely! Not all people or demigod can survive a lightning bolt to the head!" Percy cried.

"Guys where is Leo?" Hazel asked. Annabeth looked at Percy who was looking at the door in concern.

"Did he do this?" She gestured at everyone standing on deck. Percy nodded.

"Someone was controlling him..." Percy said. Suddenly Nico appeared on Deck. His hair was a complete mess, he was all sweaty and his eyes were wide with fear. He looked at everyone and when he didn't notice Leo his eyes widened.

"No he didn't..." Nico turned towards the now open door. He ran. Percy ran after him and when they got into the informery and they saw Leo all pail and not moving they both looked away. In a way it was semi both their faults he did this to himself. They were all at fault actually. One thing they all knew, Leo Valdez son of Hephestus was now laying dead on the infermory table by his own hand because they could do nothing to stop him.