twenty-one: danger in camp-halfblood (part one)

**** Annabeth ****

"Percy sit down!" Annabeth shouted. Percy groaned and put riptide down as Annabeth walked into the infermory room.

"Just because Apollo says no sword fighting doesn't mean I'll listen wise girl." Percy grumbled.

"You really should listen, you could hurt yourself. " she mumbled. "Stupid seaweed brain." Percy smiled and placed riptide now in pen form down on the table.

"I'm worried about Leo, He took a big hit for me and..." Annabeth placed her hand over Percys mouth.

"He did, but right now we can only help you get better. We have to focus on that. You need to stop thinking about the worst possible thing that could happen and focus for Leo." She said. Percy placed his head in his hands.

"He doesn't trust himself around us anymore Annabeth, I know what he feels because of what kronos had me do when he was controlling me. I know why he doesn't want to be around us at all but I want to try and help him and what are the God's doing to help him? Absolutely nothing! They haven't even been trying!" Percy lifted his face and looked Annabeth in the eyes. "Screw the God's, when have they ever helped us?" Percy stood up and grabbed riptide.

"Percy!" Annabeth cried as Percy limped his way over to the door. "Percy please lay back down!" Percy angrily looked over at her.

"I'm going to do everything I possibly can to bring him home." Percy walked out of the infermory.

"Annabeth hows perc-" will dropped his notebook and crossed his arms across his chest. "Where did that stubborn son of poisidon go now?"

"He left." Annabeth sighed and move her curly blonde hair from her eyes. "And I don't blame him."

"Hes hurt Annabeth!" Will cried.

"More emotionally than physically Solace." Annabeth said.

"Annabeth Percy could die if he doesn't relax." Will starts walking towards the door.

"Don't you think I know that? Percy is strong and he definitely doesn't want to just give up on Leo, nobody wants to its just...he cares more about us than himself and I know if he keeps this up and gets more hurt your father definitely won't be able to bring him back...." Annabeth started crying. Will walked over and hugged Annabeth.

"Hey relax, we just have to get him to bed and he'll stay there because I'm going to tell him father he isn't listening to my father's warning." Will chuckled.

"You really think Percy was ever going to listen to Apollo?" Annabeth laughed.

"You have a point...hey, how's Nico dealing with Leo being gone?" Will asked. Annabeth folded her arms across her chest.

"You ask now?" Annabeth scowled. Suddenly the building rocked and Annabeth looked at will eyes wide. An explosion?

"WE NEED HELP!" a camper started screaming. Annabeth stood up and ran for the door.

"What happened out here?" She asked. Some Apollo campers were running out carrying medical supplies. Others were walking away from somewhere covered in dirt and crying. So it was an explosion?

"There was a explosion in the mess hall-" the camper started coughing. Annabeth froze. The camper shook her head. "We cant find some of the campers." Will looked at Annabeth and ran. Annabeth ran for the mess hall.

"Percy?!" She shouted. A camper turned to face Annabeth and started crying.

"Annabeth he was closest to the explosion." She said.

"No..." Annabeth ran towards the hall while the Apollo campers were helping pull out wounded campers and take them to the infermory.

"Annabeth get away from here! It's dangerous!" Connor cried as he grabbed her arm with his bleeding one.

"Connor your hurt!" Annabeth cried. He looked at his arm and frowned.

"Oh well, so I'm hurt I don't care. Look Percy was in there-"

"All the more reason for me to look for him!" Annabeth screamed.

"Annabeth." Connor looked her in the eyes. "He was closest to the explosion."

"But who would even attack camp halfblood like this?!" Annabeth cried.

"Oh thats easy." Annabeth looked up quickly.

"How could that be easy?! Did you see who planted the bomb? We just lost many demigods because of this explosion and even more are injured!" Annabeth looked towards the rubble.

"Annabeth please I know your worried about Percy-"

"Guys!" Someone came running towards them.

"What's the matter?" Connor asked.

"A camper found this." He held up a clock and a few plans on where to place the bomb. He looked at the rubble. "someone purposely timed this."

"Which cabin?" Annabeth asked.

"Percys." The camper said.

"But who would do this?" Annabeth questioned.

"Annabeth-"

"NEED HELP OVER HERE!" Someone shouted. All heads turned towards where many people were carrying someone on a stretcher.

"Oh my God's!" Annabeth covered her mouth at the condition Nico was in.

"Nico!" Will came running over with a bunch of other Apollo campers. "Oh God's..." they placed the stretcher down and the Apollo campers got to work.

"Percy was with him..." Annabeth looked around. "Did they find him?"

"Connor stop!" Someone shouted. Annabeth turned to find Connor screaming and in tears running up halfblood hill coming from the infermory.

"What's going on?!" Will shouted. Will looked up from Nico and looked at the camper that was running after Connor.

"Travis is gone." He stated. Annabeth stood up and ran for Connor.

"Connor?" Annabeth walked over and sat next to him.

"He's gone." Connor looked up at Annabeth. "Whoever did this took him away, took away so many amazing people just because they wanted something from someone at this camp!"

"Connor, I know." Annabeth pulled him into a hug and rubbed his hair. He pushed her away.

"All these demigods lost because of this...I don't know how we'll recover." He looked back at camp.

"You just have to be yourself." Annabeth said. "Make people laugh Connor."

"But most of the time Travis was the one making people laugh." Connor looked at his hands.

"You were both extremely funny Connor. We'll miss him and we'll recover from losing these amazing people but we are demigods, we know that our lives are going to be shortened either by a monster or by a complete accident. We never know when itll hit but it will hit and even then we'll always remember whoever is gone. We'll get back to normal." Annabeth stood up and held her hand out for Connor. "Come with me and let's go take care of that arm." Connor reached up and grabbed her hand.

"Guess we'll be figuring out how many demigods we've lost later today huh?" He asked. Annabeth nodded sadly. "Don't worry Annabeth, I'm sure he's fine."

"Thats not what I'm so worried about." Annabeth grumbled.