Seven: Dealing with a broken demigod

Leo smiled at himself as he hung up the last of the balloons. The door opened and he smiled at Annabeth who was looking around the room in awe.

"You planned all of this?" She asked. Leo smiled and nodded as he looked at the few pictures of Nico and everyone else scattered around the room.

"He told me his birthday when we were in...well that place. I wasn't about to let this become the worst birthday ever so I wanted to do something nice for him." Leo rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. "He doesn't like parties..."

"I'm sure he'll enjoy these." Annabeth picked up the pictures and laughed. "What even..."

"He fell asleep and Will wanted a picture

"He fell asleep and Will wanted a picture." He chuckled.

"Did you take this one as well?" She held up a picture of only Nico. Leo chuckled.

"That was really hard to take seeming as he can sense a person...but I got it." Leo mumbled.

"I got this

"I got this." Annabeth walked towards the side of the room and pulled something out of a drawer full of pictures of everyone. She handed the picture to Leo and smiled.

"Woah

"Woah...did you draw this?" Leo asked. Annabeth smiled.

"Well me and hazel." She smiled.

"You girls are strange." Leo shook his head. The door opened and everyone else entered the room.

"Woah." Percy said.

"Yeah Leo, woah." Hazel said. "You did all of this alone for Nico?" She asked. Leo nodded his head.

"Just thought he needed something to make him smile." Leo smiled at everyone.

"You are the best." Hazel said as she picked up a photo and raised an eyebrow. She placed it back down and then smiled at Leo. "You, Leo Valdez must be a stalker to have all these laying around." She gestured at the pictures.

"I like taking pictures." Leo shrugged.

"Hey-" Nico appeared out of the shadows and he stepped back a bit. "Woah." He looked at the balloons and then at Leo.

"Happy birthday!" Leo said with a smile.

"Leo-"

"Are you not...did I do something wrong?" Leo asked. Nico looked at his feet and then back up at everyone else.

"It wasn't you, me and Will..." He bit his lip and shook his head. "Nevermind."

"Woah, woah, woah. You and Will broke up!" Annabeth looked away from a fading iris message. Everyone stared shocked.

"Nico what-" Leo looked at Nico as he ran towards his room. Leo followed after him and closed the door to his room turning to look at Nico. "Dude?" He asked.

"Leo-" Nico walked over and leaned into Leo's shoulder as he let tears flow out of his eyes. "I love Will b-but I ca-caught someone else...he..."

"It's alright Nico, are you trying to tell me that Will cheated on you?" Leo asked. Nico nodded. "Dude, did he really?" Nico nodded again sadly.

"I can't...can I just..." Nico leaned into Leo and closed his eyes. Leo smiled down at Nico.

"Yeah it's alright." Leo said.

-----------                             ----------

Leo opened his eyes to Nico sitting in the corner with a picture in his hands. He looked up at Leo.

"Did you draw this?" He asked.

"Nico that was Annabeth and Haze-" he looked at the picture and he stopped talking. "Okay yeah that one was actually me...why are you going through my stuff?" Nico looked at Leo and shook his head.

"I was curious." He mumbled. "Besides that I really like this picture....but when did you see me cry to even get this idea?" Leo raised his eyebrow.

"Really Nico? I kind of just...well I mean thats how you really are isn't it? Sad?" Leo rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean I just wanted to draw you, not you." He gestured at Nico. "Don't worry, I'm sad too. My mom...she would have scolded me for that. She would tell me to always smile and always be greatful for what I have....but I don't have her. She's gone and I'm never going to see her again." Nico shook his head.

"I'm sorry Leo, but you are alive. Even if you are now immortal your alive." Nico said. Nico looked down at the drawing in his hands. "Thank you for this." He said. "You made me realize that I need to speak to Will." Nico stood up and smiled at Leo.

Leo looked down at his hands as Nico shadowtraveled out of his room

Leo looked down at his hands as Nico shadowtraveled out of his room. He sighed and stood up to leave the room.

"Glad I could help Nico." He mumbled.  He walked towards the room he decorated and started to take down all the decorations. He looked down at the picture Annabeth and Hazel drew and laughed. What a dork.