thirty-two: The past is in the past- oh my gods let it go!

***A.N okay this is how Leo and Leila met...Leo is 10 years old (he's thirteen in present time)***

***Leo***

"I'm Leo." The lady said as she looked down at Leo. "That's all you have to say, so why aren't you talking?" She asked. Leo rolled his eyes.

"Me no comprende." Leo said with a smile. The women face palmed and groaned.

"Look kid I know you speak English don't be ridiculous." She replied. Leo pouted and shook his head. "Okay why did you run away from the last home they put you in?"

"Maria give up the kids not going to talk. We'll just have to find a new home for him." An officer walked in and sat down. The women shook her head.

"He has to speak. He pretends he can't speak English but sure as hell we know he can! He's old enough-"

"Dad! I brought you supper!" A girl little older than Leo came bouncing in carrying some food.

"Sweetie I'm sorry I have-" Leo's stomach grumbled and the girl turned to him.

"Wow, you are really dirty." She pointed out as she sat down next to Leo. Leo backed up a bit.

"Honey, he doesn't speak. He's here because daddy needs to find him a home-"

"Can't he stay with us?" The girl asked.

"Sweetie we can't-"

"I'm Leila." She stuck out her hand. Leo looked at her hand.

"L-Leo." Leo shook her hand and smiled.

"Oh so he does speak." Maria rolled her eyes. Leo shrugged and then looked at Leila.

"I don't think we should be friends..." Leo turned away. "Everyone says I'm trouble."

"Well, if you are trouble I like you." She smiled. "My dad probobly has you here because he doesn't like you and I like that."

"Leila!" Maria cried. Leila smirked.

"What I'm thirteen, I have a mind of my own." Leila rolled her eyes.

"Maria, he can stay with us." Leilas father said. Leila smiled.

"I can show you my plant collection!" Leila smiled wide.

"I don't think you want me near plants...all I ever do is destroy things." Leo grumbled.

"Well I think it would be nice, so come on! Dad see you when you get home!" She ran over and kissed her dad on the cheek and walked out dragging Leo after her. Leo looked back at her dad and pleaded with him to stop her but he just chuckled and went back to his paperwork.

***Leila (two days later)***

The kid looked around curiously but he didn't touch anything. He saw Leila looking at him and smiled goofily.

"H-Hi." Leo said. Leila giggled at his awkwardness.

"You know I'm not flirting with you right?" She smiled. Leo smirked.

"Of course I know that." Leo blushed. "Hey, I made this while I was in your dad's office...it would mean a lot if you wore it." Leo blushed as he pulled a beautiful locket out of his pocket. "Its just a bunch of old pieces of stuff I found-"

"It's beautiful." Leila took it and put it on. "I need a photo to put inside." She tapped her finger against her lips.

"Maybe one of you and your dad?" Leo suggested. Leila rolled her eyes and grabbed a camera.