thirty-four: The perfect place: Leo's missing (part one)

***Percy***

"You know, Leo's going to take a lot of heat for taking in Kronos." Jason said as he looked at the other demigods that sat in front of him.

"I think it was a great idea. He did save me." Percy said as he looked at the others, mostly at Annabeth. Annabeth was fuming with rage.

"Annabeth-"

"He's the whole reason Luke is dead Percy. Weither he saved you or not maybe he would have been better off banished." Annabeth stood up and stormed out of the room. Jason looked at Percy.

"He's changed...why can't you see that?" Percy wiped his face of tears. "She was being nice to him earlier-"

"Percy, I'm sorry." Frank shook his head. "Most people just think he's a menace."

"I don't care! He saved me and Leo-" Jason sighed.

"Percy that doesn't matter!" Jason shouted.

"I'd be dead if they didn't come after me!" Percy shouted as he gestured at all his bandages. "You can tell me he's a bad titan, I'm not going to give a flying-"

"Percy..." Leo stepped into the room. "Urm...guys I need to speak with him alone." The others rolled their eyes and walked past Leo.

"See you at the bonfire." They walked out of Percys cabin. Leo ran over to Percy and started to cry into his arms. Percy rubbed his back.

"Leo, hey what's wrong?" Percy asked. Leo pulled away and wiped his face.

"If I had actually succeeded in taking my life would you actually have cared?" Leo asked. Percy made Leo sit down on the bed with him and he side hugged him pulling him to his chest.

"Why would you ask that Leo?" Percy asked. Leo sniffled.

"I was walking through the woods-"

"People were saying bad things weren't they?" Percy asked. Leo looked at his hands and Percy noticed he had fresh blood across them. "Oh my God's did they do that!" Percy grabbed Leo's hand. Leo nodded his head.

"Everybody seems to hate me now Percy..." Leo looked up into Percys green eyes. "You and Nico are the only ones who don't care that I'm helping kronos out."

"Leo, don't let what they are saying get to you alright?" Percy asked. Percy grabbed the first aid kit and walked over to Leo again. "I'm not doctor but let me help you cover that." Leo looked down.

"Am I a disappointment?" Leo asked. Percy stopped wrapping the hand he was wrapping and looked Leo in the eyes surprised.

"Who called you that?" Percy asked. Leo was like his little brother and for someone to say that to him made Percy angry. Leo was depressed for such a long time and he finally starts to feel okay and then this happens and he's starting to question if he's better off dead?!

"It doesn't matter does it?" Leo asked. Percy finished wrapping Leo's hand.

"Leo, whatever happens to you always matters the most to me. I love you like a brother. I know what happened back on the Argo was a mistake and I'm really sorry for blaming you and-"

"Percy, I do look up to you." Leo said. "That's why that hurt so much."

"Leo, you are the bravest thirteen year old I have ever met. You are a cocky little kid and I love you alright?" Percy playfully shoved Leo's arm. "Now tell me what's wrong Leo. It's not just the nymphs, and dryads is it?" Percy asked.

"No...everybody around me just seems like they want nothing to do with me...when I was controlled I think I might have hurt them-"

"Kana is making you believe you hurt people Leo, you didn't hurt anyone and trust me when I say that the only reason everyone is giving you dirty looks is because kronos is now basically your pet." Percy chuckled.