Painted lady pt. 2

"Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks its not enough," the blue spirit waited for the painted lady that night on the end of the dock as most followed her.

"I'm not leaving this poor village just yet," she nodded at him.

"Agreed," he followed her as the painted lady went around healing the ill families as the blue spirit kept a look out to make sure they weren't followed.

They made it to a boy and his mother and the blue spirit put a small bag of herbs next to the mother while the painted lady healed her.

"You know this family?" She asked.

"She's all he has, he needs his mother," he nodded as he helped the painted lady back to her feet. They walked away but a small voice made them freeze.

"Thank you painted lady," the boy sat up from his bed and the painted lady smiled softly but the two spirits disappeared before the boy could follow them.

"How long will you stay?" The painted lady asked as they where along on land again.

"Until my job here is done," he said flatly.

"Meet me here tomorrow night,"

-------

"Hi dock, is shoe around?" sokka returned to the shop the next day as the others followed him as Katara gasped happily at the people.

"Let me check," Dock walked around the shop and came back with a different hat on again to them.

"Hey there! Back again are you?" Shoe had his hands on his hips.

"We need more food," Toph pushed sokka out of the way as she marched up to shoe.

"Our friend is still sick and we can't leave until he's better," she slapped money on the table and turned around. He put some oozing claims on the table for them.

"Oh well that's to bad, maybe if you guys are lucky the painted lady will visit you in the night and heal your friend," shoe chuckled as sokka examined the 'food'.

"And maybe she'll cook us a midnight snack and we'll all have a sing a long," sokka said sarcastically while shoe drank water from a spoon.

"Yea, maybe," he didn't catch on. "You last night she visited us again with another spirit friend, healed most of our sick folk,"

"Is that why this place seems so festive?" Aang asked as they watched the towns people put up a statue and cheered.

"Yep it's all because of the painted lady," he smiled happily.

"Can you believe how much am entire village can be affected by one lady- or spirits?" Katara corrected herself.

"Well I hope she returns every night," sokka popped her bubble. "Otherwise this place would go right back to the way it was,"

"Why would you say that?" She turned to him and sokka took a step back, intimidated by his sister. "Look how much better off these people are,"

"Yeah, now, but without her they wouldn't be able to fend for themselves, if she really wanted to help she would use her spirit magic and blow up that factory, whoooooo boom!" Sokka mimicked an explosion.

"Spirit magic doesn't work that way sokka, it's more like woooooooo pew!" Aang said with a softer explosion sound. He and sokka joined together as they teased Katara when she walked away with ghost sounds.

She walked to the end of the dock and looked at the factory as Katara thought about what her brother said sokka was right, only way to help these people was to get rid of that factory.