Meaning

"Ok ok- pfft- we gotta take them off at the same time," katara giggled as they walked back to their camp with a patch on each of their fire arms and around their right ring fingers.

Katara and zuko got in an argument that katara wanted something actually meaningful as they first got the finger tattoos then showed each other that tattoo but then they made each other get another tattoo that was bigger.

"I can't believe I let you convince me get two tattoos," Zuko took off his wrapping around his finger and saw it was a moon crescent. Katara did the same and saw it was the sun.

"Your stuck with me for ever," katara laughed wrapping her arms around his neck from behind and zuko bounced a little to get her on his back making her scream when Zuko ran with Durk following by his feet chirping happily.

"Zuko!" She laughed as she held on tighter and saw their hidden camp.

He set her down with a light chuckle as katara fixed her hair.

"Ok on three we gotta take them off together," she panted as Zuko grabbed the medium pot to make rice for their dinner.

"Deal, three two one," Zuko took his wrap off and Katara gasped quickly took hers off to keep up with his count down but paused seeing it was a fraze.

"Never give up without a fight," she read outloud to him confused.

"Dignified, humble, honor..." Zuko touched his new tattoo softly with a smile.

"It's not so bad right?" Katara blushes softly looking at him.

"No, I love it," he smiled at her.

"Good, can you explain mine?" She giggled a little.

"I have a blade that has it too, my uncle gave it to me as a gift when he was still a general, he was going to take down ba sing se, Azula got a doll," Zuko smiled grabbed from his boot and showed her the knife and she took it softly.

"Made in earth kingdom?" She raised an eye brow.

"Flip it," he groaned. She did and smiled.

"I love mine too," katara wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you for letting me still celebrate my birthday," she whispered against his neck. Zuko gave her slim body a small squeeze in the hug.

"Thank you for being my friend, a real friend," he whispered in her ear and she blushed darkly and nodded.

"Uncle was all I had, you've made living worth while again, you gave me purpose, more than what the blue spirit did," he let go of her and touched the side of her face.

"Didn't know hot headed prince Zuko had a soft side," katara teased.

"Not that many see it," he rolled his eyes flicking her nose a little and katara snorted.

"I'm honored prince Zuko," she bowed to him.

"The pleasures all mine master katara," he took her hand to bow as well. They made eye contact for a moment and both burst out laughing.

"You made a promise that you'd sleep," katara sat down grabbing her sleeping bag and zuko made a fire with some sticks near by.

"We're close to the fire nation Capitol," Zuko grabbed his map and looked at the fire nation land.

"Is that where we're going?" Katara asked laying on her stomach looking at him as the sun set.

"You mentioned about your uncle, you want to free him right?" She asked again. He nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," he mumbled.

"No it's okay... But the perfect day to free him is in three days," katara said crossing her arms under her.

"Why?" He raised an eye brow.

"There's going to be an invasion on the fire nation, the soldiers will be to busy with that or have no bending so getting your uncle during that will be easy, quick in an out," she gulped pointing to where iroh's prison was by the Capitol.

"There's an invasion?" He asked looking at her. Katara nodded a little guilty.

"That is perfect then, I won't have to bend so there's no risk of anyone finding out who I am, no one knows who we are," Zukos eyes lit up excitedly.

"Kat this could work," he smiled at her and katara giggled at his enthusiasm.

"It'll take about two days to get there if we leave first thing in the morning, resting from dusk but getting back on our feet at dawn," he explained and she nodded.

"The invasion will be starting at the gates of azulon but will continue to these docks," katara pointed. "Then they'll head up while Aang takes a head start to find the fire lord,"

"If Aang ends the fire lord then, the wars over," Zuko pursed his lips.

"Yea... I guess it is," she nodded again knitting her eye brows together.

"Good, we need to take that advantage while we have the chance, the fire lord will be in a bunk if they know, I'm sure spies have told him already, it won't be under the palace either," Zuko looked at the map as he placed his hand under his chin. Katara looked at him softly as he didn't call the fire lord his father.

She didn't blame him for not wanting to call that cruel man his father, she hated him for what he's done, to the world, to Zuko... What kind of father banishes his son and scars him for life? Sokka and her has done things that the fire nation would've say is disrespectful and their father is chief, but neither of them have been punished cruelly for it, either for 'speaking out of term' or called someone out, the fire nation and the water tribe was so different it was scary. She's challenged a master bender as Zuko challenged his father. Both ending differently.

"Are you okay with this?" She whispered.

"It's not my choice anyways, if it was up to me, the fire lord wouldn't get the mercy of death," Zuko glared.

"We'll come from the opposite side of the invasion, there will be little to no one over there, if there is it'll be to protect the palace," he changed the topic back to the strategy.

"What do we do if we get caught?" She asked.

"You get out of there as fast as you can, your father and brother will be there right? You go back to them, I'll find you again," he smirked at her.

"And if your captured?" She asked feeling paler.

"I don't get captured, I'll get uncle and we'll find you, I promise," Zuko told her calmly yet stern enough for her to believe him.

"But what if you do, where would they take you?.. Would they kill you?" Katara gulped with wide eyes.

"No, not right away, some would want me to suffer before death, I'd get a sentence but it'll take a while," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Where would they take you?" She asked again. She had to know.

"If I do get captured, you promise not to go to find me?" Zuko asked now more serious.

"I..." "Katara promise me,"

Katara looked at his golden eyes as he stared at her worried and dead serious. "I promise,"

"It's called the boiling rock, the worst criminals go there, including prisoners of war, I'd be probably taken there if I go with a fight, it's one of the most high ranked prisons in the fire nation... It's in the middle of a volcano, there's only one way in and out, and that's gondolas," he explained and Kataras eyes widen.

"It's here," he pointed on the map and she nodded.

"No one has ever escaped, don't you dare go there kat, no matter what you think you know, you don't," he said in a warningly low tone.

"I won't, I promise," she gulped.

"Good," he nodded and laid down to get rest as katara stared at the map memorizing where the  prison was.