The boiling rock: part 2

Katara walked down the halls as Sokka went to meet up with their father. She was happy and grateful he was safe, now they could escape with everyone. She made herself look like she was checking each cell but when she found herself a cell with no windows it kinda made her non existent job harder.

"Odd?" She cocked her head to the side and slide the door open to check if it was empty but the smell of metallic blood hit her nose. Katara held back a noise as she held her nose but the light from the halls of the prison shined enough light to see it was not empty.

"What the hell?" Katara walked forward and moved out of the way to let light hit the prisoner.

She softly gasped covering her mouth in disbelief.

"Z-Zuko?" She felt tears stinging her eyes and closed the door quickly and fell to the floor as she took water from thin air as she made it glow like when she healed. It was him.

"Oh my god Zuko wake up," she saw his wrists chained up to the wall and his head fell to the side. She held his cheek softly and rubbed softly in small circles with her thumb. Her eyes found a cut on his cheek and she brought the water to the wound and healed it quickly.

"K-katara?" He rasped and she laughed a sob smiling as she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"Your alive, I found you," she sobbed into his neck and felt Zuko nuzzle his nose into her hair.

"I'm here Zuko," she whispered holding his face gently with a smile. Zuko looked up at her and smiled weakly back with tears of relief.

"I-I never doubted you kat," he breathed and katara laughed at him softly.

"I'm going to get you out of here, I promise, I'm here with Sokka and he's with my dad," katara explained sliding her hand down his neck gently as he leaned into her touch thankful.

"Kat... There's something I need to tell you," Zuko panted looking at her.

"I've been sentenced already, for treason, my penalty..." He inhaled softly closing his eyes. "Is death, I-I have an execution,"

"No... No I won't let that happen, Sokka and my dad are making an escape plan," katara gulped and Zuko looked at her.

"We're not leaving without you, I'm not leaving without you," she looked at him determined and zuko nodded softly.

"Okay, I trust you," he breathed and katara wrapped her arms around him again but more gentle this time knowing he was in pain.

"This isn't a good bye stupid, I'm coming back for you," katara whispered against his neck but felt her breath tremble a little when a tear escaped Zukos left eye and dropped on her hand.

"Thank you," he rasped and katara looked at him gently.

"I have to go," she wiped his tear away and smiled gently. "I promise you'll be okay, there's a fountain back at camp and I'll take care of your wounds,"

"Can't wait," Zuko swallowed a lump in his throat. Katara sighed looking back at the door but back at Zuko. She gently pressed her lips against his for a moment but Zuko kissed her back needingly. Needing the touch and taste of someone who cared for him.

"I'll come back for you," katara pulled away touching his scar gently but stood up as she looked at him until she snuck out the door.

-------

"So I talked to suki about the plan already," Sokka told katara as they hid behind a wall while there was prisoners in the yard.

"We're escaping today, on the gondola," Sokka smirked.