Second chances

Sokka quickly landed appa as he jumped down and the other kids came curiously.

"How was the finish trip... Why are you guys in fire nation uniforms?" Aang saw Sokka and katara but was surprised when suki jumped down.

"Suki!" He ran to her quickly. "Where did you guys go?"

"Fire nation prison, no big, suki help me out," Sokka reached up as Hakoda and katara held Zuko enough for the other two to catch him. Katara jumped down quickly as she helped suki and Sokka.

"Is that..." Aang's eyes widen in horror.

"Get him in the fountain," katara instructed as Zuko groaned in pain as they all carried him.

"Nice to see you Aang," Hakoda jumped down and a stranger did as well.

"Hi, I'm new," chit sang waved friendly.

Katara stepped into the water if the fountain as Sokka and suki slowly lowered Zuko into the water as he inhaled sharply but relaxed when katara held his head in her lap.

"What happened to him?" The Duke asked quietly looking from behind haru.

"Don't worry the Duke, he'll be okay," Sokka nodded at him as katara moved the water over Zukos body as she could feel his broken ribs slowly healing back together. Zuko gasped softly when they moved in him to go back into proper position but he didn't move.

A few more minutes passed and katara was finally done reconnecting his bones properly as she helped Zuko sit up.

"Thank you," he breathed and katara moved his wet hair from his face.

"I told you," katara smiled at him and he smiled back as they sat on the flat stone of the fountain. "Come on, shirt off I gotta see what else needs healing,"

Zuko slowly with a soft grunt pulled off his shirt as Sokka covered suki's eyes but she snorted pushing him away but Sokka felt sick to his stomach seeing what else the fire bender needed healing.

"The lashes on your back are almost healed, there'll be little to no scar," katara turned him around and got back to healing.

"They... Whipped you?" Aang felt paler seeing the gashes across his back slowly close up.

"They where going to hang me, guess that's not enough," Zuko gulped but katara smacked his shoulder.

"It's not funny," she told him and he smiled gently at her.

"There's the bossy mother hen I know," he chuckled but his breath hitched holding his stomach.

"Okay, done," katara said pulling the water away and had Zuko turn back to her. She saw now light bruises across his chest and stomach from kicks and punches as well as a gash across his stomach.

"I'll fix that too," katara whispered and zuko nodded letting her.

When she was finally done she helped him stand and Hakoda helped as well seeing his legs shake.

"So your the prince of the fire nation?" Hakoda smirked at him and katara looked at her father worriedly.

"Only by birth," he nodded and Hakoda laughed patting his shoulder.

"Thank you for saving my daughters life," he squeezed his shoulder and Zuko looked up at him with a nod.

"It's kinda all he does, stupid," katara scowled at him and zuko shrugged standing on his own.

"How's your thigh?" She asked taking a step back.

"It's fine, not infected," Zuko nodded and she smiled gently.