Returned

"With this technique the dragons showed us Zuko and I were unstoppable!" Aang explained as they showed the stances and pose of the dragon dance while their fire bending followed with.

Everyone applauded them as they finished.

"Yea that's a great little dance," Sokka teased as Suki snorted.

"It's not a dance, it's a fire bending form," Zuko defended.

"Well just tap dance our way to victory over the fire lord," Sokka continued.

"It's a sacred form that happens to be thousands of years old!" Zuko walked up to him with his fists clenched.

"Oh yea? What's your little form called?" Katara smirked at him smugly.

"... the dancing dragon..."

Katara got up and walked away with durk on her shoulders, the way she looked at him made Zuko follow with a small smile, they hid around the corner and Katara hugged him tightly as his arms wrapped around her waist, he buried his face in her hair as he rested his nose on her shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay, you guys were gone for a while," Katara smiled as she didn't let go. He didn't want too.

"We got in a sticky situation," Zuko smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Did You and Aang bond?" Katara asked as she held his hands with both of hers.

"He finally trusts me, I think we can be friends," Zuko smiled down at her but pursed his lips slightly remembering what Aang said.

"I'm sorry for what I said before," he whispered caressing her face with one hand.

"About the dancing dragon?" Katara giggled softly.

"No, I-I... I didn't mean to say..." he mumbled the last part for her not to understand.

"Little louder," Katara cocked her head to the side.

"I didn't mean to say I love you," he gulped blushing but Katara stood on her toes kissing him gently.

"Don't be sorry, I know what we have is... complicated but we do love each other, I know... I'm sorry I didn't say it back," Katara looked into his eyes.

"Don't feel like you have too say it because I did," Zuko brushed her hair out of her face.

"I won't, I'll make sure you won't be expecting it when I do, you always have good reactions," Katara smiled wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"Do you?" Zuko asked confused.

"Maybe," she hummed.

"Your the worst," Zuko laughed before kissing her again.

Katara looked at him and wanted to say it, it seemed so easy to spill out but she wanted to wait, hopefully to make his jaw drop and his face flare up bright red. Him to stutter into a mess, he always kept his cool around people but she's gotten to see his dorky side. She loved it. She loved him.

"Come on, the others are probably wondering where we went," Katara grabbed his hand but Zuko pulled her back.

"Aang loves you too," he whispered.

"What?" Katara was surprised.

"He asked me if we were together, but we haven't.. we were waiting, so I told him no... but he started talking about you and he thinks your meant to be together," Zuko gulped a little, Katara could see the worry in his eyes.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" Katara asked.

"I do now," he nodded.

"Everyone has one, but I know you're not aangs," Zuko sighed holding her close.

"Yea? Why's that?" Katara teased.

"When we were in judgment, I saw a red band around my pinky, and I heard your laugh, I know it," Zuko smiled down at her as Katara grinned up at him.

"Also the curse were under tells me we are too," she shrugged.

"Don't worry about that, I promise Zuko, I... I'm waiting to say it but don't think I don't," Katara smiled brightly at him as she held his cheek gently.

"I'll wait," he kissed her forehead again. "Let's go back,"

"Can you say it one more time?" Katara hummed as they walked side by side back together.

"Say what?" Zuko smirked.

"Say it!" Katara gasped seeing the game he played.

"I don't know what your talking about kat," Zuko shrugged but moved to the side when she tried to tackle him in a hug.

"Say it just once more my good prince," Katara giggled as she tried to get him again. She gasped a scream she Zuko grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder.

"I'm not saying anything, I don't know what you want me to say," Zuko smiled proudly of his new trophy on his shoulder as Katara squealed laughing while she pounded on his back a little.

"Put me down you heathen!" Katara laughed loudly  as her hair almost touched his ankles as she was stuck upside down.

"Sorry what? Can't hear you," Zuko walked past everyone as he went to the fountain.

"Zuko no no no!" Katara screamed laughing as Hakoda smiled a little at the two, he hasn't heard his daughter laugh like that in years. It was like music.

There was suddenly a splash as Aang and Sokka ran over concerned but saw Zuko sitting in the water drenched as Katara was standing on the outside smiling brightly.

"Kat one Zuko zero!" Katara punched the air.

"Since when have we been keeping track?!" Zuko cried out from the water. She splashed him with her bending, sending him on his back.

"Thank the spirits hes back, Katara was going crazy," Sokka scoffed shaking his head.

"It's nice to see young love," Hakoda walked past his son smiling a little.