The boiling rock: part 1

Sokka fell asleep on the back of appa and katara kept a look out for the prison above the clouds. She saw an island coming up and narrowed her eyes, squinting to see a volcano on it with something inside. The prison.

"There it is!" She gasped and Sokka woke up quickly with wide eyes.

"Appa won't be able to go in with all the steam and they'll see him, we'll have to leave him in the forest and walk, hopefully the food with last him a few days," katara got to her feet.

"I can get us across the boiling water but it'll have to be quick," she said and Sokka nodded.

------

The siblings climbed over the volcano as Sokka hooked a rope with a grappling hook around the top and they slid down silently to the edge of the water as there was little to no current of the lake.

The panted at the hot air and wiped swear off their foreheads. Katara froze a large rectangular block of ice and grabbed Sokka as they jumped on and pushed the ice quickly across the lake.

"Katara it's melting!" Sokka hissed and she made another one and they jumped on again while the block of ice was abandoned.

"Jump!" She whispered screamed and hey jumped onto the island in the middle with a roll.

"Damn that's some hot water," katara panted getting to her feet.

"At least your our way out now," Sokka nodded at her.

"What would you do without me?" Katara teased but looked up at the prison above them.

"Be caught by now?" Sokka squeaked as he looked at the prison seeing no other way out.

"No going back now," katara nodded at him as Sokka nodded back determined.

-------

"I hope this uniforms works," katara mumbled as she tied her thick hair in a low pony tail as she and Sokka had the fire nation prisons uniforms on to blend in.

"We just need to lay low and find dad as soon as possible," Sokka whispered to her but they saw a group of guards running down the halls on the side making them jump.

"Guards there's a scuffle in the yard! Get going!" A guard told them and the siblings looked at each other but shrugged and did what they where told to do.

They ran off behind the other guards as they went outside and sneaked behind guards that shoved their way into a circle surrounding another guard and a tall prisoner.

"Stop right there chit sang," the guard made a fire whip as a warning. Katara glared at the situation but Sokka grabbed her wrist.

"I've had it with your unruly behavior," the guard stated as he was behind the prisoner.

"What did I do?" Chit Sang asked confused as katara looked around for any familiar faces in the circle of prisoners. Anyone.

"He wants to know what he did, isn't that cute?" The head guard looked at katara and Sokka. They gulped.

"Very cute sir," katara winked back innocently.

"Super cute," Sokka replied with a smile as he looked at them.

"You didn't bow down when I walked by chit sang," the guard scoffed walking by him with his hands behind his back.

"What? That's not a prison rule," the prisoner shot back.

"Do it!" He got in chit sangs face.

"Make me," he snarled back.

They stood there for a moment but the guard walked away smirking a little as he fire bender at the prisoner who redirected it back at him. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his tongue shaking his head.