Coronation

Zuko walked to the entrance as he saw Aang sitting on the side as they both wore their formal attires as Zuko had his hair pulled up for the crown to be in his top knot as Aang wore a nomad necklace in remembrance of his people.

"I can't believe a year ago my purpose in life was hunting you down," Zuko walked over to him.

"And now.." he pursed his lips.

"And now we're friends," Aang smiled up at him as he got to his feet.

"Yea, we are friends," Zuko smiled back.

"I can't believe a year ago I was stuck in a block of ice, the worlds so different now," Aang looked at Zuko with a small grin.

"And it's gonna he even more different, we're going to rebuild the world together," Zuko put a hand on his shoulder, the monk nodded.

"I know you and Katara have been great partners since you've joined together, and you deserve someone like her to support and love you as you rebuild your nation," Aang looked up at him with a short nod.

"Katara will always hold a place in my heart, she's my best friend and was the first one there for me, but I know you'll treat her good, I'm happy you both have found light in a dark time," he beamed brightly, truly happy.

Zuko pulled him in a hug as Aang embraced him back with a small laugh, everything's changed but it's for the better now. They parted and walked through a curtain that lead to the opening where the coronation was being held, Aang stayed back for Zuko to walk to the front as the crowd cheered but he held up his hand for them to cease.

"Please, the true hero is the avatar," Zuko stepped aside for Aang to join him with a soft smile seeing the people. They all cheered for him as he and Katara made eye contact while he took in the victory, they both smiled.

"Today, this war is finally over!" Zuko announced as everyone broke out in cheers again of the freedom they'll have, the fear that will no longer be there.

"I promised my uncle that I would restore the honor of the fire nation, and I will. The road ahead of us is challenging; a hundred years of fighting has left the world scarred and divided," Zuko spoke in a strong tone for them all to hear him, looking across the crowd.

"But with the avatars help we can get it back on the right path, and begin a new era of love and peace," he looked down at Katara as she was attentive to every word he said. She blushed when they made eye contact.

The fire sages came forward as Zuko knelt to a knees and bowed his head down. A man in red held the crown high behind Zuko as the crowd was silent, everyone proud.

"All hail fire lord Zuko!"

Katara felt tears of joy weld up in her eyes as she clapped loudly when everyone cheered along. She wiped a tear away as she felt so proud of him, Hakoda put an arm around his daughter as he cheered for Zuko as she giggled clapping again for her boyfriend.

"How did you find this out?" Katara asked as she and Zuko walked a trail with hand in hand together.

"I found my grandfathers last scrolls that night, just before he died, along with the ones that were about my grandfather sozin, i asked uncle and he confirmed some stuff," Zuko looked at her calmly as his hair was still pulled back with the crown on his head.

"And going back to a prison? Are you sure you'll be okay?" Katara asked again concerned from last time they were here.

"That's why I have you," he kissed her hand gently. "I don't know what will happen but you being with me here helps more than you'd think,"

"I know, I'll always have your back," Katara smiled back as she leaned against him to lighten up the mood.

They walked across the bridge to a tall building again a mountain that was similar to the one in the Capitol that iroh was once at. They went up the stairs together with guard leading them with torches as the couple kept their silences as a guard opened the door to the story the cell was at, handed zuko the keys as he and Katara went into the hall alone, guards staying back.

"Stay here," Zuko whispered to her as he let go of her hand. Katara nodded understanding as she stayed a few meters from the prison cell and watched Zuko open the door with the keys, walking in after.

"I should count myself lucky, the new fire lord has graced me with his presence in my lowly prison cell, last time the rolls were reversed I had your execution the week after," Ozai leaned against the wall as he looked pale and weak still.

"You should count yourself lucky that the avatar spared your life," Zuko told him coldly.

It's been three years since he's seen his father.

This frail man inside the cell was the once great fire lord he feared, the man he once wished for his love. This pathetic man was the one that ruined his life.

"Banishing me was the best thing you could've done for my life," Zuko told him calmly. "It put me on the right path,"

"Perhaps your time in here can do the same for you," he said to his father.

"Why are you and your little peasant really here?" Ozai asked in a growl.

"Because you're going to tell me something," Zuko said lowering himself with a dark glare on his face as he was on one knee to be at the worthless mans level.

"Where is my mother?"