The ember island players

The next morning Zuko and Aang trained together as they did the same movements with powerful fire following. They both exhaled deeply when they finished the training, Boeing to each other in respect.

Zuko cracked his knuckles as he stretched his arms above his head walking towards the water fountain while Katara watched them and Toph laid on her back next to her.

"Isn't it kind of weird how were hiding from the fire lord in his own house?" Toph asked with her hands behind her head.

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since he's became fire lord, it was a long time ago, he even stopped sending servants to clean it about four years ago," Zuko wiped his neck and chest with a towel as he looked at the girls.

"You guys aren't going to believe this!" Sokka ran up to the others after he and Suki went downtown together.

"There's a play about us," he beamed brightly and showed them all a large poster.

"We were in town and saw this," Suki walked up behind him.

"How is that possible?" Katara asked as they joined Sokka curiously but Zuko stayed sitting at the fountain.

"The boy in the ice berg is a new production, the story of the avatar who scattered around the world from the icy South Pole to the heart of ba sing si, this includes singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage," Sokka read off the poster smiling interested.

"Brought to your by the ember island players," Suki finished.

"Ugh, my mother use to take us there to see them, they butchered the lovers of dragons every year," Zuko rolled his eyes.

"Okay theater kid, Sokka is it such a good idea to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara waved her friend off and looked at her brother.

"Come on, a day at the theater? This is the wacky time wasting nonsense I've been waiting for," Sokka beamed excitedly as he bounced a little on his toes.

"I'm putting my coins where they kill off Zuko at the end of ba sing si!" Toph raised her hand as Katara snapped at her.

"Man I hope so," Zuko mumbled to himself.

"Toph!" She defended.

"I'll bet mine they make Aang sing," Zuko smirked over at her.

——

They got tickets for a high booth in the back to keep out of sight but could still see the stage clearly.

Aang went to go sit next to Katara but Zuko beat him to it as he sat next to her without looking at Aang and played it cool.

"Hey uh I wanted to sit there," Aang said awkwardly as Zuko put his hood down.

"Just sit next to me, What's the big deal?" Zuko asked as Katara looked at them and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"It's just I wanted too... okay..." Aang gave up and sat next to him anyways.

"We should've switched with Sokka and suki," Katara whispered in his ear as Zuko smirked a little as Toph sat next to Katara. Her brother and his girlfriend sat in the second set of seats behind them as Sokka had his arm around suki.

"Why'd we have to sit so high up? My feet won't be able to see a thing," Toph pouted a little as she leaned back.

"Don't worry Toph, I'll tell your feet everything that happens," Katara told her as she hooked her pinky with zukos, hidden under his cloak as they touched hands. She smiled a little resisting to lean her head on his shoulder.