Decisions made

Katara sighed making dinner for everyone as everyone was out doing their own thing. She stirred the pot with her bending and heard someone walk over and sat by her.

"So Zuko?" Hakoda smirked watching his daughter.

"How's the soldier holding up?" He asked as katara kept stirring.

"He's sleeping right now, he was banged up pretty good," she sighed sitting with her dad and leaned on his shoulder. She missed her father.

"So is he your boyfriend then?" He smirked and katara huffed crossing her arms.

"No he's not my boyfriend," she mumbled.

"Your like your mother, your gran gran made fun of her crush on me and she did the same thing your doing, looking offended and denying," Hakoda chuckled and katara smiled softly.

"I know I'm not exactly girl talk but... If you need someone to just listen, I'm pretty good at that," he smiled down at her and katara blushed softly thinking of Zuko and hers promise.

"We thought the war was going to be over after the invasion, so we where going to wait, then Zuko got captured..." She sighed.

"So you do have feelings for him," he smirked deviously and Kataras eyes widen embarrassed.

"I-I-well yea, I trust him with my life, I know I can count on him, he's really proven himself from his dark past," katara sighed pulling her knees to his chest.

"Dark past as in hunting the avatar?" He raised an eye brow.

"More personal things," she nodded.

"He really is a soldier then," he nodded as katara played with her hair.

"Your not going to do the whole intimidating sad thing right?" Katara looked at him unamused.

"I don't think I have to worry about him, he's a good man, I trust he'll treat you right," he chuckled and katara felt her heart flutter.

"Thanks dad," she hugged him tightly. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too katara," he hugged her back.

-------

The next morning Zuko woke up with a small gasp in the bed as his eyes snapped open. He grabbed his chest feeling his heart pounding in his chest as he sat up. He panted looking around and saw his and Kataras mask on the night stand with his mothers painting. He saw on the end of the bed was his fire nation clothes.

He gulped and grabbed his clothes, getting out of the prisoner clothes.

Zuko tied the belt around his waist and pulled on his boots but jumped at a knock at the door.

"Looking good, how you feeling?" Katara leaned against the door with a small smirk.

"Much better, how's everyone else doing?" Zuko asked turning to her.

"It's Aang that's being stubborn, it was Azula that hurt him not you, and the trap? It's ridiculous," katara scoffed crossing her arms as she moved against the wall.

"And my dad actually really likes you, says your a good man, I believe him," she smiled gently up at him as Zuko moved closer.

"So I'm guessing you told him?" Zuko pursed his lips.

"Maybe a hint that I might sort of kinda have... Feelings for you..." Katara blushed looking down but Zuko place his finger under her chin and made her look up at him.

"Don't worry, the feelings mutual," he smiled gently and kissed her softly against the wall as katara slipped her hand into his and zuko cupped her face.