Only ones

Zuko and Katara walked to downtown as they were freely able to hold hands without hiding but made sure they didn't run into Sokka and Suki.

"Come on, i know a nice place we can grab some dinner," Zuko pulled her with him feeling more excited. Katara giggled as she walked faster to keep up with him but let go of his calloused hand to wrap her arms around his more muscular one but one hand still held his.

"Oh how cute!" Katara smiled looking at the restaurant he lead her too, it was open with no doors as some people sat at tables and some at booths.

Katara looked behind her hearing music as she curiously glanced but Zuko caught her looking as he saw the band that played in the towns square that was probably the center.

"Fun part about being at a tourist island is that it's way to loud," Zuko told her gently as they went to go check it out for a moment.

"they don't have this in the south pole," Katara scooted closer to the entertainment dragging him with.

"Did they have this kind of stuff when you came?" Katara asked as they watched the band with other people.

"Yea, I liked the plays and bands, I miss live music," Zuko nodded softly as he looked at her.

"I like it," Katara hummed leaning against him as Zuko wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

He looked around curiously and a woman caught his attention, he bit his lip a little looking at her then looked at Katara.

"I'll be right back," he told her and slipped away while Katara was focused on the band with the up beat music.

"Um hi," Zuko walked up to her blushing a little awkwardly, she smiled looking at him knowing the intention.

"Aren't you a handsome boy," the old woman smiled. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"She's over there, how much?" Zuko asked.

Katara clapped a little in awe as children started to dance in front of the band as she looked around for Zuko but saw him walking back to her.

"Where'd you go?" She asked.

"I'm not so great at the dating thing, but I think girls like flowers," Zuko gulped holding out a rose blushing darker.

Katara covered her mouth a little as she took it, she leaned up and kissed his lips gently with a smile.

"I love it, thank you," she smelled the rose a little.

They stayed for another song before they got hungry again, Katara happily held her flower in one hand and her boyfriends hand in the other. They asked for a booth at the restaurant and were seated with two menus.

"Is this crazy? We're here on a date while next week the world could end?" Katara asked as she drank some of her water.

"Ha... that's part of the reasons I wanted to take you on a date..." Zuko gulped a little pursing his lips.

"Well don't worry, we're going on more when the wars done," Katara smirked a little at him.

"Wow you're keeping me around after the war, I'm honored," he chuckled softly.

"Yea might as well, durk will get sad without you," she shrugged a little sipping her water again.

"Who says you get him, he's my dragon," Zuko looked at her in disbelief.

"Cause he likes me more," Katara batted her eyes at him innocently.

"Don't- don't get me started on this, you got a solid week with him cause I was in prison, my dragon," Zuko told her as she laughed a little at him.