Painless

Azula got ready for her coronation to become the next ruler of the fire nation, paranoia swarmed her with the trouble of sleeping for days now, ever since there was the truth of her brother being alive, how it frustrated for she just wanted him dead at this point... she hasn't been the same, not since ty lee and mai left her hearing the cold blooded murder and the lies she drew throughout the nation, they left her.

Azula pulled her hair back and grabbed a ribbon around her silky black hair, her finger got stuck in it, a growl ripped from her throat as anger grew when her bangs fell in her face.

"Alright hair, it's time to face your doom," she snarled grabbing scissors.

Snip

Azula smiled wildly as her hair fell to the ground and she could see with the crooked pieces in her eyes.

"You've always had such beautiful hair.." a kind voice sighed behind her. Azula paused.

"What are you doing here?" Azula sneered into her reflection.

"I didn't want to miss my own daughters coronation," her mother soft voice said behind her.

"Don't pretend to act proud, I killed your favorite, I proved to you I'm what you always thought I was, a monster," Azula glared darkly at the voice.

"I think you're confused, all your life you've used fear to control people, your brothers death and life was out of your control," Ursa whispered in her ear.

"But what choice did I have?! He betrayed me! They all betrayed me! He had to pay for his cowardly betrayal! If he just did as he was told from the beginning-" Azula cut herself off quickly turning around to the empty space behind her wide eyes.

"I proved you all right, you all fear me for killing him, even you fear me," she hissed.

"No azula, I love you, you will always be my daughter," ursa said quietly. Azula lip trembled as tears ran down her face.

With a scream she threw a hair brush at the mirror behind her to shatter it.

"By decree of Phoenix king Ozai, I now crown you-" an elder man of the fire sages held the crown of fire lord over azula a head as she was knelt in front of the fire nation palace for her coronation.
Suddenly they stopped seeing appa fly towards them with a growl when he landed.

"Sorry your not becoming fire lord today!" Zuko called from the bison and jumped down with a determined look. "I am,"

"Your hilarious," Azula laughed at him.

"Your going down," Katara clenched her teeth joining Zuko.

Azula stood up stopping the fire sages from continuing.

"You want to be fire lord? Fine, let's settle this, just you and me brother, the show down that was always meant to be, Agni kai!" Azula smiled wickedly at him. His second chance at life doesn't mean he's immortal, she'd kill him for sure today. He would finally be gone, she'd finally have no one that threatened her anymore.

"You're on," Zuko accepted.

"What are you doing? She's playing you," Katara whispered surprised by the choice, she couldn't believe she'd have to step aside for it. "She knows she can't take us both so she's trying to separate us,"

"I know, but I can take her this time," Zuko told her calmly. He was ready this time, it wasn't a quick decision, he knew what he was getting himself into, he knew she would try to kill him again.

"But even you admitted to your uncle you'd need help," Katara was almost going to beg.

"Theres something off about her, I can't explain it but she's slipping, and this way no one else has to get hurt," Zuko said and looked at her seriously. Katara inhaled deeply.