The sun warriors: pt.1

"Zuko," Katara whispered walking up to him with a small wave as he was packing some food for the trip as he was next to the appa.

"Your whispering why?" He raised an eye brow at her.

"Cause aangs above," she smiled mischievously and he smiled back. Zuko pulled her by her waist and gently pushed Katara against the bison as she grabbed his shirt trying to not laugh.

"You better not kill him and bring him to the fire nation while your gone," Katara smirked up at him teasingly.

"Very tempting, but I think I'll get my fire bending back first, maybe later," Zuko chuckled and she leaned up kissing him softly.

"What happened to waiting?" Zuko pulled away confused.

"I know that was stupid, dammit what's wrong with me?" Katara covered her mouth walking away a little but Zuko pulled her back.

"Don't be embarrassed, I'm just respecting your decision but also your the one that keeps kissing me," Zuko smiled putting a hand on his chin. "think I'm getting mixed signals,"

"Maybe your that much fun to get flustered," Katara giggled.

"I don't get flustered," Zuko scoffed. She walked up to him smirking and grabbed him from behind making Zuko jump turning red.

"Not so fun when someone grabs your ass now is it?" She whispered in his ear and Zuko grumbled.

"I need my fire bending back and my dignity is now on the list," Zuko coughed into his hand but she kissed his cheek gently.

"You know you love me," Katara winked.

"My sanity is slowly leaving me because of you," Zuko said flatly.

"You can't live without me," Katara laughed.

"I'm to afraid to see what happens," Zuko smirked.

"Cause of the curse?" Katara hummed but he slowly pulled her close and Katara put her hands on his chest.

"No, cause I love you to much," Zuko gently kissed her forehead and Katara turned bright red within seconds.

"Yo-you you you- I- haha thanks buddy," Katara laughed awkwardly and patted his chest and got out of there as fast as she could holding her cheeks with wide eyes.

Zuko stood there with wide gold eyes as he swallowed a lump in his throat. His face burning in horror of what he just has done.

I cant believe I admitted I loved her... I just told my best friend I love her.

Why did I say that?!

Katara squealed leaning against a post as she held her face and slid down with her heart beating at a pace she didn't know could happen in a human body. Her mind screaming- more like shrieking at her. Like a banshee. 

He just said he loved me! My best friend just said he loves me!

Why did I say that?!?

————

Zuko rode on the saddle of appa as him and aang flew over the ocean, he was caught up with his thoughts in his head as he remembered the look of shock in kataras eyes as he confessed he loved her. He sighed hopeless, yes they had strong feelings for each other but did it count as love? Zukos never loved anyone romantically, yes he had a crush on Mai when he was younger but he hasnt really seen her since his banishment, was it just him getting caught in the moment but not really mean it?

Katara seemed uncomfortable, he didnt blame her for not saying it back. He couldnt blame her for not loving him like that. He growled to himself turning a bright shade of red as he noticed they were still over seas.

"I dont know why, but i thought this thing would be a lot faster," Zuko barked over at aang. Appa groaned back at him.

"Appas right zuko, we usually start our missions off with an up beat attitude," Aang beamed brghtly at zuko as the older teen stared at him in disbelief. He let out a frusterated groan falling on him back in the saddle. How did he never catch these people?!

"I cant beleive this," he growled.

"Dont worry, youll get the hang of it," aang told him with a perky attitude as zuko was left in silence once again, stuck with thinking of his regrets of scaring katara away with three stupid words.