On the run

"That was amazing! Can we see another one?" Katara asked excitedly as the two walked through the festival.

"If there's another short one I'm sure we can go see it," Zuko nodded as he noticed katara kept her hands wrapped around his arm while they walked around. He smiled gently seeing how happy the water bender was.

"Does the water tribes have festivals like this? Earth Kingdom doesn't really," Zuko asked curiously.

"No, South Pole doesn't and I don't think North Pole has it like this, maybe when the wars over our sister tribe and men come and could strengthen the south pole, we don't have a lot," katara explained.

"Yea I noticed how your idiotic brother was the only man there," Zuko rolled his eyes remembering the first encounter of her brother attacked him.

"Sokka got a hit on you," she laughed at him.

"After I took him down, i didn't even have to bend until the avatar arrived," he shrugged and noticed boys walking past and looking up and down at katara with a whistle.

"Damn, colony girls are fine," a boy with short black hair cat called at katara and she stopped. Snapping her head at him.

"Excuse me?" She step towards the three boys who laughed intrigued with her.

"Yea they're always feisty," he stepped forward as his friends whistled.

"Listen here you sexist dragon breath pig-" "why you stressing girl? Can't you take a compliment on a body like that?" He reached down to Kataras waist to pull her close but a hand grabbed his and threw the boy to the ground.

"That's no way to treat a lady," Zuko said sternly stepping in front of katara as she watched with wide eyes.

"What you gotta hid your girlfriend? I wasn't going to do anything bad man," the boy dust off his pants but gasped when Zuko took out his swords.

"Yea, neither am I if you get out of my sight in three," he took a step forward and the boys eyes widen.

"Two," he turned the one sword into two and twirled them.

"One," Zuko growled and the boys ran with a scream.

"Since when did you care?" Katara snorted crossing her arms.

"They're horny bastards, but it doesn't give them an excuse to treat you like that," Zuko put away his swords and grabbed her wrist to drag away before the boys came back.

"And what did he mean by colony girls?" Katara asked with a small huff making Durk perk up seeing more food.

He jumped down and scattered away making the two benders gasped seeing he went into a crowd of people.

"That's not good," Zuko mumbled and heard someone scream.

"Nope, let's go grab him," katara squeak and they ran into the crowd with their hands joined so they wouldn't loose each other.

"Durk where did you go you slithering demon?" Katara called looking down at the ground for him.

"Snake!" Someone screamed and they saw a tent where some women ran out and glass shattering.

"Found him," Zuko sighed running that way and entered the tent with katara right behind him. They saw Durk hissing at the men with some raising a weapon at the dragon.

"No!" Katara used her water and whipped a club from a mans raised hand and he dropped it with a cry turning to her.

"Sorry it's our pet, he slipped away," Zuko grabbed the dragon and put him in his bag quickly as Durk hissed at the men.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" The man snarled at katara and she backed up. She saw his arms tattooed and his teeth grossly out of shape. Pirates.

"Leave her alone," Zuko said in a low growl grabbing Kataras hand as he pulled her behind him again.

"Just can't go five minutes without getting in trouble," Zuko hissed at her.

"I can handle myself," katara snapped back as they both backed away.

From the corner of her eyes she saw the exit but Zuko saw a tea pot on the side.

"Hey that's my uncles," Zuko glared seeing how familiar it was.

"Finders keepers," the buff man grabbed his shirt and a scrawny man pushed forwards.

"Hey we tried to kill you!" He snarled.

"A lot of people fail that part," Zuko smirked and twisted his body as his foot came around with fire and slammed it into the mans side and was released.

"Run!" He yelled and katara bolted out of the tent as Zuko was on her heals as they ran down the streets.

"Get back here!" The Pirates chased them as one threw knifes at them.

Katara grabbed his hand and raced around the corner and ran further as they saw the forest ahead.

"We can loose them in here!" Katara called and zuko nodded as he ran.

Zuko looked behind him and punched fire down at the Pirates and made a wall to slow them down. He gasped seeing a knife was heading straight for katara.

"Look out kat!" He yelled quickly and katara turned expecting some sort of impact but it never came. Instead she saw Zuko grunting as he held his side leaning against a tree.

"Zuko come on!" She grabbed his arm and he grunted to start running again.

"I-I think we lost them," Zuko panted as they ran for a minute and saw no one was behind them anymore.

"Good, geez you have a thing with pissing people off," katara half heartedly joked and noticed Zuko holding his side.

"Did you get hurt?" She asked worriedly and took Zukos hand off his side to see blood seeping through.

"Oh spirits..." She gasped and grabbed her water.

"Take off your shirt," she demanded and Zukos face went bright red.

"Don't argue, just do it before it gets worst," katara hissed and zuko nodded as he grunted taking off his shirt and she saw a stab wound where a knife must've impaled him on his side.

"Just hang in there," she grabbed her pouch of water and her hands glowed when she touched the wound and Zukos breath hitched but stayed still seeing the wound closing slowly but surely without a scar.

"You gotta be more careful," katara sighed focusing on the remaining gash.

"Kinda hard when I'm making sure you don't die idiot," Zuko scoffed and katara glared up at him.

"Stupid jerk," she mumbled.

"You can't go five minutes without dying can you?" She teased looking back at him and zuko let a smile slide on his lips for a second.