Epilogue

Three years later

The sun streamed through the blinds into a bedroom as a man with his pale arm around a tan woman's body with her back against his larger body.

He opened his gold eyes feeling the sun blinding him from the window and yawned a little burying his face in the woman's hair. He groaned before kissing the back of her neck as the 17 year old woman smiled in her sleep before waking up to more kisses down her shoulder.

"Mm good morning," Katara hummed reaching behind her to touch his shoulder. She rolled over to face Zuko as he wasn't completely awake yet.

"It's not morning yet, more sleep," he mumbled holding her.

"You woke me up mister," she brushed some of his hair out of his face, his hair continued to grow after the years, it now was down to his shoulders blades as Katara taught him how to put his hair up more.

"Nope," he smiled closing his eyes.

"No? I remember it was kind of like this," Katara leaned over to kiss under his jaw. "And this," she kissed down his neck.

"Ah yes, I remember something like that," Zuko smiled finally and opened his eyes.

"It's only dawn, we don't have to get up yet," he shrugged a little as Katara laughed a little leaning her head against him.

Katara traced her finger against his chest, over the defined definition of his muscles that she didn't mind so much, to his scar above his heart and down to the one in the middle of his chest and abdomen. He didn't tense up anymore when she touched his scars but instead it relaxed him as he began to fall back asleep as she kept tracing patterns against his skin.

Three years ago he wouldn't want to be touched where he almost lost his life at, but she's been there. She was the reason he was alive today.

They didn't realize they broke the curse of the red string until days after the Agni kai, when neither of them could feel the pain of the other. Katara cried a little realizing that day when Azula shot him again, he was dead for who knows how long, before she brought him back, his heart stopped and that was enough to break their curse.

"Zukoooo," they heard someone whisper from their door.

"Is that your brother?" Zuko asked in a low tone as Katara looked behind her. She glared and flipped Sokka off as the older man gasped a little.

"Put on clothes and get out here!" Sokka whined a little as Zuko sat up with messy hair and glared over at him.

"Dammit Sokka, I lock the door for a reason," Zuko groaned as Sokka smiled innocently closing the door.

"This is why I miss the fire nation palace," Katara groaned flopping on her stomach with the blanket around her bare back.

"The wedding is today, we get to head back home tomorrow," Zuko put on a robe and kissed her head before walking out of their room.

"What the fuck is wrong with you," Zuko smacked the back of sokkas head as soon as he closed the door.

"I lost my vows," Sokka said quickly.

"You didn't..." zukos jaw dropped.

"I lost them on appa when we flew to kyoshi," Sokka covered his face.

"Sokka that was two weeks ago!" Zuko threw his hands up.

"I know and I haven't made new ones!" Sokka fell to his knees with a cry.

"Haven't you rehearsed it?" Zuko asked in disbelief.

"I was two weeks ago! And Aang helped me with trying without the cards but I just start talking about the same thing and last time it was about her flexibility!" Sokka whined laying on the floor now as Zuko shook his head.