A new view

A man with a kimono rhino and a cart road down a trail as he was bored from the traveling all day. Little did he know that Zuko was on the bottom of the cart while katara was on him hanging on but he made sure she didn't fall as he was more experienced with the trick of free rides. He caught her eyes and mouthed that they where going to drop and roll in three seconds. Katara frantically shook her head not ready to get back on her feet yet but due to the ride they cut off the extra day of traveling and where almost in the Capitol as the man who drove the cart and rhino was carrying cargo for the fire nation palace anyways.

Zuko grabbed katara as he wrapped her in his arms and dropped from the cart as he hit the ground with no noise and the cart kept going as katara looked up as the two where unnoticed.

"Your crazy," she hissed down at Zuko who got to his feet and helped her up.

"It's kinda hard to get off easily with two people, last time it was easy to slip inside the cart," he dusted himself off and walked into the side of the woods seeing clear green grass.

"Last time?" She smirked crossing her arms as she looked at Durk on her shoulder. "Oooooh he's so cool right Durk?"

"Your hilarious," Zuko looked at her over his shoulder and she snorted while Durk rubbed his face against her cheek.

"My baby says I am," she cooed at the dragon.

"You didn't even like him at first!" Zuko spun around.

"You didn't like me either but now look," katara laughed and Zuko looked at her unamused.

"Your evil kat," Zuko groaned with a small smirk and found himself on green soft grass.

"We'll stay here for the day, after tomorrow is black sun," he said and katara nodded as she walked forward. It was a beautiful scenery as there was a meadow of flowers next to the valley of grass and a pond near by. They where above the fire nation Capitol.

"It's beautiful," katara whispered and zuko watched the palace below them. His home. Where part of his childhood was, it was a whole new view of seeing it.

"Yea, it really is," he got on one knee and rested his chin on his knee.

"You'll rule the fire nation one day my love, you must see all part of it, even if some is ugly," his mother once told him.

"But the villages are so boring, and I'm tired," young Zuko whined tugging on his mothers hand.

"If the future fire lord does not see the land for what it is, then who will?" She smiled holding the side of his face.

Zuko smiled at the memory of his mother. She was right, if those who rule the land do not see its other sides, who will? Though with him suppose to be dead, guessing it won't be him that rules the fire nation.

"Let's stay here, well rest tonight but tomorrow we'll train," Zuko stood up and katara raised an eye brow but looked at the sun lowering in the distance.

"Alright, let's set camp then," she nodded.

---------

Zuko woke up the next morning and saw Kataras bed empty. He sat up looking around and raised his hand to block the sun in the sky. He saw her by the pond practicing water bending as he saw breakfast already made.

He got on his feet and walked past the pond as katara notice him not looking at her as he went to the cliff to look over the fire nation city again.

She went to see what he was looking at as she had her white under garments on with a white wrapping around her chest and a skirt with slits on the sides with shorts and her hair down.

"Everything okay?" She asked seeing Zukos eyes narrowed darkly down. She looked as well and gasped covering her mouth.

"The whole cities evacuating," her heart skipped a beat as there was thousands of civilians in lines leaving the city.

"They knew," Zuko growled. "Azula knew,"

"How do you know it was Azula?" She asked.

"Because she was in ba sing se, she over heard, there's no other way," he glared standing up.

"Do we still continue with the plan? Tomorrows the black sun," katara sighed crossing her arm.

"Yes, we've came this far, we get uncle... We can go back to your friends," he nodded softly at her.

"Wait what?" She looked back at him surprised.

"We've came this far, you won't get another chance to go back to them," Zuko explained.

"Not without you," she grabbed his arm.

"We're still a team, we're still partners, your my best friend Zuko, if they don't forgive you like I have and accept you then it's back to you and me," she smirked at him as she slipped her hand into his and gave him a squeeze.

"I can't ask you to leave them again for me, that's your family kat," he rasped.

"So are you, we started this together, we finish it," she nodded and zuko gave her a small smile and nodded. He kissed the top of her head and whispered a thank you. She touched her head as he walked away to go eat and blushed b

The red string is a metaphor of soulmates...

"O-oh," she gulped following him.