Untold secrets

Zuko woke up with a start as he felt the bed empty but looked around seeing Durk in the spot where katara was once sleeping.

"You do choose favorites," Zuko mumbled at the dragon and stood up getting out of bed. He grabbed his red shirt and slowly put it over his head but spun around hearing giggling down the halls. He rolled his eyes and finished putting the large red vest on and grabbed his belt.

He glanced over his shoulder again and cried of surprised when he saw Hama in the room with her hands clasped happily and ready to go.

"Time to go shopping!" She claimed excitedly and katara beamed popping up behind her. Zuko grumbled tying his bed with a flat expression.

------

Zuko walked behind the girls as they where in the market. Katara assisted Hama as Zuko kept an eye out for supplies for themselves. On one shoulder he had a staff that had a large basket to carry on each side to balance as he looked around curiously. It reminded him of ember island almost but smaller. Maybe that's just cause he hasn't been to an actual market for a while.

"You won't have any ash bananas until next week?!" A man complained surprised as Zuko passed a few men.

"Well I have to send the boy to Hing Wa island to get them and it's a two day trip," the old man explained and the first man understood now.

"Oh right, full moons tomorrow," he nodded. Zuko resisted to walk over to get more answers but the two in front of him would notice due to the large baskets he carried.

"Exactly, I can't lose another delivery boy in the woods," the man sighed with a hand on his hip as he and zuko made eye contact for a split second. Zuko pulled his eyes away.

He had to find out what was going on. It could be spirits, he believes in those a lot more now, but could it be a beast? Not this many people to make a rumor could just get lost in the woods and not come back. This is his purpose, helping people in need that can't help themselves.

I won't let you down, my life is dedicated to you blue spirit...

"Lee, you okay? You've been quiet," Katara looked back at him with a small smile.

"Fine," he nodded.

"Why don't you two take those things back to the inn, I have a couple more errands, I'll be back in a little while," Hama told them and katara thanked her kindly.

"This towns mysterious," Zuko looked around and glanced at Hama who heard him.

"Mysterious town for mysterious children,"

-------

"Kat I don't know about Hama, she seems off," Zuko set the baskets on the table with a little help as katara gave him a look.

"Like she knows or is hiding something," he turned to her and katara grabbed a basket and started unloading the groceries from the market.

"Zuko she's a nice woman, not everyone is an assassin, she took us in and gave us a place to stay," katara rolled her eyes and zuko pursed his lips.

"She kinda reminds me of my gran gran," she smiled a little looking back at him.

"Do you think she recognizes my scar? She's a fire nation citizen," Zuko crossed his arms leaning against the counter.

"Don't you think she would've said something by now?" Katara raised an eye brow.

"What did she mean by mysterious children?" Zuko continued with a huff.

"Oh I wonder, maybe cause she found two kids in the middle of the woods," she scoffed.

"But we're old enough to take care of ourselves, I'm technically a man of age," Zuko explained.