Rough morning

The morning was quiet as everyone slept in the main quarter, Zuko and Katara slept in an L shape across from each other as Zuko slept on his stomach with an arm reached out and Katara slept on her side with one of her arms stretched as well, their fingers touching each other every so often through the night. Suki laid in Sokkas arms as he snorted loudly.

Aang woke up first with a yawn while he stretched his arm up above as he looked around at the beautiful morning as birds flew away from the fountain. He heard something in the distance, Aang rubbed his eyes sitting up but gasped seeing a bomb coming through the distance.

He jumped to his feet and swung his glider to throw the bomb back before it hit anyone.

Everyone was immediately away hearing the explosion as Zuko was already on his feet as well as Sokka and Hakoda.

Aang looked over the edge seeing war blimps made of metal coming from the sky and dropping continuous bombs on the temple. And twirled his staff and created a wind that closed gates to hold off the fire nation.

The bombs hit above making part of the ceiling collapsed, Zuko ran to Katara seeing rocks falling where she stood.

"Watch out!" Zuko yelled tackling her to the side as he held her body to him as he skidded across the ground then rolled her to the side so his body was above hers.

"What are you doing?" Katara gasped wide eyes.

"Keeping rocks from crushing you," Zuko stayed.

"Okay im not crushed, we need to keep moving!" Katara got up as Zuko looked unamused.

"I'll take that as a thank you," he blinked with a flat expression As he got up.

Toph created a large tunnel with Haru as an escape but Sokka and Aang couldn't get appa to move towards it.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" Toph pointed as Zuko ran to his dragon and scooped him up before a rock hit him.

"Hold him," Zuko handed durk to Suki as she ran to the tunnel. She made a face as the feeling of the dragon but smiled a little when he licked her cheek.

"Zuko what are you doing?" Aang called over.

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off, I think I know who's behind this," Zuko told the others as Katara turned back wide eyes as she was close to the tunnel.

"I'm right behind ya," she nodded.

"No help the others get out, I'll be right back," Zuko ran ahead as Katara frowned.

"Zuko no!" She went to go after him but Sokka grabbed her arm.

"Come on we have to get out of here," Sokka told her as she pursed her lips. Why does he always have to play hero?

Zuko jumped over a broken door and ran outside seeing three war balloon but a fourth appeared, azula standing on top.

"So you are alive," Azula looked down at him.

"How did you find us?" Zuko growled.

"Mais uncle spilt a little dirt about you zuzu, and how you're a traitor, how many times do I have to kill you before I'm an only child?!" Azula held the railing as she flipped over kicking fire at her brother and jumped back on her platform as Zuko jumped out of the way.

The impact created a powerful blast that it started to crack the ground, and the temple started to crumble. Zuko laid on his side as he covered his head Incase a rock fell on him.

He looked down seeing the ground cracking but got back to his feet as he ran back into the fight. Zuko ran past the multiple fire blasts near him as the temple was crumbling under his feet as he ran up a rocky banter as he lunged into the air punching fire straight at his sisters war machine as it hit where she once stood proudly.

Azula jumped down and landed on the blimp as Zuko held onto the side of it but kept loosing his grip under the smooth surface  until he fell past the blimp and into the empty air to fall to his death past the fog.

"No!" He breathed before he could scream.

Toph held off the rocks from crushing them all but no one could get appa to go into the tunnel as he roared refusingly.

"I can't get him to go in there!" Aang called back to them. "Appa hates tunnels!"

"Aang there's no way we can fly out of here," Katara told him as she pulled.

"We'll have to find a way," Aang demanded.

"We'll split up," Sokka stated and ran back to the others. "Take the tunnel and get to somewhere safe,"

"No," Katara growled. "The fire nation can't separate our family again, I'm tired of loosing my family,"

"It'll be okay, it's not forever," Hakoda put a hand on his daughters shoulder as she looked at him strongly. She quickly hugged her father and ran to appa before she could turn around.

Sokka shared a small hug with his dad as well but he looked at suki, she nodded at him as they joined hands and he pulled her with him to the bison. She wasn't going to leave him again.

Toph touched the side as everyone got on appa and she pushed herself up in a leap with a rock.

"I can clear that way and we can fly through there," toph landed next to them.

"Um there's a lot of fire in that general direction," suki said pointing that direction.

"We'll get through," Aang told them sternly. "Let's go,"

They flew through the rocks as the earth benders made some stay in front of appa as they all flew past azula as she shot at them but they passed her and dodged her attacks, letting the rocks fall back.

Azula looked back behind her as an airship appeared behind her as Zuko stood on top of it glaring at her. A smirk crawling on her lips.

He ran and leaped off the air ship as Azula kicked fire up at him but he swiped it away and spun with his fist full of fire and blast it at his sister. Zuko landed on the ship and punched fire at her as Azula dodged but swung her foot with a wave of her blue flames as Zuko swiped his hands down to split the fire only to spin kick his own and run at her as Azula ran back.

Zuko stayed focus and didn't back off as he blocked each attack of Azulas as she did the same except stood her ground as Zuko made it closer to her step by step with strong blocks.

They both pulled their fists back and aimed for each other with orange and blue fire around their fists.

Their combat collided into a large explosion  that threw both of the royal benders back from the harsh impact.

They tumbled and fell off the blimp as Zuko grunted but saw nothing under him. His eyes widen as he had no support under him, he had to think quick and tried not to panic.

But that all went away as he saw appa flying under him and reached for the bison only for Katara to immediately reached high and grabbed his wrist to pull him down into the saddle. Katara hugged him quickly in relief but Zuko looked behind him seeing his sister still falling.

Azula was spinning as she fell with her back towards the ground, wherever that was.

"She's not going to make it..." he whispered surprised.

Azula pushed herself with fire as she took her crown out of her hair to use it to go into the cliff and stop herself from being pulled down by gravity.

"Of course she did," Zuko closed his eyes shaking his head, looking away from his murderer as everyone watched surprised.