Into the Inferno

Katara noticed Zuko inhale deeply as the sky turned red and the comet was within reach of power. He could feel the powerful energy within him, it was new, it felt strong. All fire benders must be feeling this adrenaline rush that burned within his skin.

"Zuko, don't worry," Katara intertwined her fingers with his, they sat close together, seeing he had a lot on his mind. "we can take azula,"

"I'm not worried about her, I'm worried about Aang," he told her. He wondered if he felt the power of the comet too since he was the avatar and all.

"What if he doesn't have the guys to take out Ozai," Zuko pursed his lips a little and she thought about that for a moment. "What if he loses?"

"He won't lose, he's gonna come back," Katara said quickly, she wasn't doubtful but she was worried. Their eyes met as Zuko seemed more calm than he should be, but they stuck close together knowing their lives were on the line.

The curse of the red string, so many things could happen just because of it. What would happen if...

Katara snapped her head to look forward, she couldn't think like that.

But the feeling in her gut made her uneasy.

"He has too,"

"You know I love you right?" Zuko asked after a few minutes of silence. It caught Katara by surprise a little, their hands tightened together.

"Don't say it like that," she said quietly.

"But Yea I know," Katara rested her head on his shoulder, her heart beating with anxiety as they had no idea what was to come.

I'll tell you I love you tomorrow

——

"It's weird to say that the comets actually beautiful," Suki looked behind her at the red sky as the eel hound swam quickly on the calm waters like a snake.

"Too bad the fire lords about to use it to destroy the world," Toph held onto Sokka, she felt better about being in water between the two of them.

They approached the island that the map lead them too and jumped off to get to the airships quickly before they launched off the rocky land. They climbed up the hill quietly but saw one of the airships rise from the ground in front of them then the others followed.

"We're to late! The fleets already taking off," Sokka whined a little as they faced the airship.

"Then we're taking off too, where is it?" Toph asked them.

"It's right-" Sokka was cut off with his own scream as he and Suki were taken by surprise when Toph grabbed them and used the earth to launch the three into the air. Sokka and Suki landed first and immediately caught Toph between them as she grunted at the catch.

Once they were on their feet again they went to find where they steer and control the ship.

They found the door as Sokka and Suki stood by the sides of it letting Toph go in first as she pressed her hands against the large metal door. She knocked with a rhythm then kicked the door down easily. Toph dove into the metal door then bended it around her like a full armored suit as she went after the crew members.

They tried blasting her with fire but the metal kept her from getting hurt as she ducked the next fire and kicked her foot up for the ground to slam the captain into the ceiling.

Suki and Sokka grunted when they retreated from looking in the room as a large wave of fire went through the door. The soldiers waited thinking they got the earth bender but suddenly Toph emerged from the flames.