Battle plan

"There's one technique you need to know before facing Ozai, how to redirect lightning," Zuko stood in front of Aang as Katara, dirk and momo watched from the side.

"If you let the energy in your body flow the lightning will follow," Zuko moved his fingers side to side in a solid stance with his two fingers out as Aang watched excitedly and soon joined him on the form.

"You turn your opponent's energy against them," he explained.

"That's like waterbending!" Aang pointed out.

"Exactly, my uncle invented this technique himself by studying water benders," Zuko nodded as they did the technique slow and steady together.

"So.. have you ever redirected lightning before?" Aang asked glancing at zuko.

"Once, against Azula," he told him.

"What did it feel like?" The avatar asked curiously.

"Exhilarating," Zuko stopped and stood straight.

Zuko watched the lightning coming straight towards him as his breath stopped in his throat, planting his feet down he caught the lightning with a yell skidding back. His muscles quivered as he held the lightning, he sneered looking back at his sister as she watched him wide eyes surprised.

"But I never felt so terrified,"

"You'll feel so powerful holding that much energy in your body, but you know one wrong move and it's over, this happens," Zuko explained sternly as Aang looked at zuko when he pulled his shirt down showing him the scar above his heart, it made Aang feel fear at the idea. His scar was smaller and on his back..

"N-not over over, I mean there's always Katara and a little spirit water action right?" Aang gulped a smile as neither of the older teens were amused.

"I used it all when azula shot you down," Katara told him from the side.

"Oh.."

"You'll have to take the fire lords life before he takes yours," Zuko looked down at him seriously as Aang got more nervous when he walked away.

"Yea.. I'll just do that..." Aang whispered to himself.

——

"Gather around team avatar," Sokka put together a fake fire lord with a melon on top that looked evil.

"In order to take out the fire lord, or in this case the melon lord, our timing has to be perfect," Sokka knelt down to the ground with the others as he used a stick to draw a plan.

"First Suki and I will draw his fire, then Katara and Zuko will charge in with some liquidy hot offense, and while the melon lord is distracted Aang swoops in and bam! He delivers the final blow," Sokka explained to them as Katara smiled at Zuko with a small nudge that they got to team up.

"Uh what about me?" Toph asked confused.

"For now, you'll be the melon lords forces," Sokka shrugged a little.

"So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?" She asked with her hopes up.

"Whatever makes the training seem more realistic," he nodded not seeing a problem.

"Sweetness,"

Everyone got in position as Toph stood at the melon lords grounds while the others were distant enough to get ready for the battle at different posts while they hid behind the rocks like a sneak attack. Toph let out a loud evil laugh ready for hell.

Sokka gave Suki a signal to go as they took off first like the plan, as Zuko and Katara went around the side to get ready for their attack after them.