Black sun

Katara brushed her long hair with her fingers as she made a sheet of ice against a tree to make a mirror as she made her hair with two little -as Sokka put it- 'hair loopies' with two beads.

She put on blue water tribe clothes as she threw on black clothes over with two water pouches over her chest. Katara pulled her thick hair in a low pony tail and put her large straw hat on over with a smirk.

"Someone's ready," Zuko smirked as he had only black clothes on and his traditional fire nation clothes where in his bag.

"More than I've ever been," she smiled tipping her hat at him and zuko put his swords in its holster but held something up in his hand.

"Think you should wear this today," he held Kataras mothers necklace for her.

"Thank you..." She breathed and put it on happily.

"And I think you'll want this," he offered her the painted lady mask he got for her.

"Always, partner," katara winked taking it in hand. Zuko put his on his head but kept his face revealed for it wasn't time yet.

"Are you ready?" Katara asked doing the same.

"It'll be easy, I got your back," Zuko nodded and Durk ran up his arm.

"Don't worry bud, you'll have to wait here for us to come back Durk," Zuko scratched his chin with a smile and fed him a fire flake.

They heard an explosion in the back and ran to the cliff across the valley and saw in the distance in the water was submarines as he fire nation was attacking back.

"It's started, let's get going," Zuko pulled down his mask but katara grabbed his wrist.

"Wait Zuko,"

He pulled his mask back up looking at her. "You okay?"

"I just wanted to say thank you... And I'm proud of you," katara blushed softly at him.

"Your not that angry prince who was so selfish and careless, your so much more now... You've dignified yourself and your honoring so much more than your father," she reached up touching his scar and zuko held her hand not pulling her away.

"I'm proud to be your partner," she nodded.

"Kat, you've grown so much too, your a master water bender in less than a year, your a mother hen that drives me wild but..." He trailed off looking down but looked at her with a small grin. "Who said someone who cares for you is bad?"

Katara smile wrapping her arms around his neck and zuko bent down to kiss her softly closing their eyes, he held her waist gently as they pulled away.

"Let's do this," she smirked up at him and pulled her mask down and pulled Zukos down as well teasingly as he was looking at her.

"I'm with you," he nodded and they took off to the city.

-------

"The warriors of the invasion should be on the otherside, the city should be completely evacuated," Zuko said under the mask as they walked down the streets together. Zuko saw the palace near by and gulped.

"Maybe there'll be someone in the palace, we have about an hour until the eclipse," he rasped.

"There's no one in there," Katara looked around. "There's no one anywhere,"

"We have time, I need something," Zuko took a step but paused. He needed something but would it put the mission at risk?

"Let's make it quick," katara nodded and they sprinted to the palace quickly but saw a shadow above them both. Katara looked up and saw a flying figure as it saw them as well.